3. Norwegian Sky
We stayed in the Aft Penthouse Suite Room 9275. This category gave us VIP status. My husband and I flew down the night before and stayed in the Hampton Inn at Fort Lauderdale Airport. Very nice room, reasonably priced and a great free breakfast the next morning. After our casual breakfast we met with our pre arranged shuttle driver from SAS Transportation and away we went! SAS only charged $15 per person and picked us up right at our hotel entrance. The van was air conditioned and clean with great friendly drivers. Once at the port (45 minutes later due to other stops and a little traffic) we breezed right through security and into our priority VIP lounge. Check in took all of a minute and we were lounging with a nice cup of coffee and some snacks for about 30 minutes. Next we were escorted onto the ship (FIRST ones aboard!) and quickly met by our concierge (Kadek). Kadek went over the schedules, map of the ship and what the priority status included. Shortly later we were enjoying a fantastic lunch in Cagney's overlooking the pier and the long lines that had formed in the heat. After lunch (12 noon ish) our room was ready and we went to check it out. We were quickly met by our steward and butler, they made sure everything was in order and delivered our luggage within a short period of time. Our room was amazing! New carpeting and furniture but the bathroom needed some updating. A few random loose tiles and missing caulk but we were aware that it was an older ship. Absolutely nothing to complaining about! The air conditioner wasn't working at its best but one quick call to Kadek and it was taken care of. We had more than enough room for our clothes and storage. Our patio was HUGE! Because we were in the aft we did get some soot on the balcony every morning but one wipe of the railings and it was fine. We did not eat in the main dining hall or the buffet at ALL! Cagney's was our private suite restaurant so we took advantage and had every breakfast and lunch there when we were aboard the ship. The food was AMAZING and not once did we over eat like we would have had we gone to the buffet. Our dinners were split between all of the speciality restaurants on board. The food was always so incredible! Many nights were had no room for dessert so we had our butler deliver it to our room for us to munch on later in the evening. Our dinner reservations were late which meant we missed some of the shows. The comedy show we did get to both times and it was hilarious! Bingo was horrible!!! The two callers had the worst jokes and dragged them out way too far. It took an hour and a half to play 3 games of over priced bingo! Never again!!! The service aboard was outstanding! We did not want for anything!!! The wait staff was always very attentive and eager to offer their services. Kadek, our concierge, was available at any time. He was sure to make himself known several times a day. This especially came in handy anytime we got off the ship. While docked in Cuba he personally walked us off the ship, past the long lines, and right to the next available Immigration window. Some people were reporting a 2 hour wait but it took us less than 10 minutes. Next we stopped at the money exchange booth and exchanged our Euros for CUCs. Please note: They only gave us $20s and most stores did not have change. Cuba was so amazing there really are no words. It has been on my bucket list for the last 20 years! Once past the port and the swarms of "taxi" drivers offering tours we found Cuba to be beautiful. The roads and walkways are old and uneven so sneakers and watch were you are walking! We walked the downtown area for most of the morning and visited a few of their "museums". (Don't forget to keep your receipt for your visa in case you get audited.). My husband found this lovely little non government restaurant inside someones house so we stopped there for lunch. I was very careful not eat or drink anything that wasn't cooked or that I didn't open. Lunch included a Cuban alcoholic drink for each of us, bread and butter, a bottle of water each, two meals and flan for dessert. HEAVEN! And all for $26!!! After lunch we went back into the port to use the facilities and wash up a little. MAN is it HOT! Next we met up with our private tour guide in is nearly perfect 1957 Olds. We booked through HavanaVintageCarTours.com. It is a father and son team and they only have one car. The car was so clean and well restored. Fabio our driver was so well spoken and highly educated. He provided us with very detailed information of the island starting with Christopher Columbus and ending with present day. It was only $150 CuCs for the two of us plus a $50 tip. We also brought him our old iPhone because they love apple products but can't get them there. (They are able to hook them up there). Fabio was more than appreciative! He was wonderful and I HIGHLY recommend this private tour! In the evening we were so tired from the days activities so we decided to stay on board and have dinner and the show. The next morning we headed off into Havana again. This time we took a "taxi" tour to the rum factory and went on the hunt for an unopened box of cigars. This car was no where near as nice as Fabio and neither were the driver and English speaking guide. I was very uncomfortable so we cut the trip short and walked it on our own. The next day in Bahamas it was super easy to tender in, thanks to Kadek! Once again he walked us past the lines and put us on the next available tender. Our wait time was less than 5 minutes! The island is beautiful. We checked in and was led to our awaiting cabana. Within minutes we had a waiter taking a drink order and were relaxing just before our jet ski excursion. The jet skis were so much fun! It was my first time riding and lets just say we came home and bought two. The guides were very helpful and let us play around a bit instead of it being a strict tour. This was nice for those that had the experience and those that didn't. Note: We noticed everyone crowding on the main beach searching for chairs and shade. There are two other parts to the beach that are near the cabanas but not solely for cabana use. Take the time to walk down and you will find a quiet and peaceful and definitely less rocky beach with plenty of chairs and a lifeguard. My husband and I cruised this one just the two of us. I have to say I don't think this ship had enough for the kids to do on it. I would like to take the kids to Cuba but certainly not on this ship! Be sure to bring everything you will need with you into Cuba (water, sunscreen, hats and toilet paper!). There are no souvenir shops to pick up any of that stuff! Exchange US dollars to Euros before exchanging to CuCs. They hit you with a 10% exchange fee for anything having to do with the US dollar. If you are not in a suite, purchase the water bottles. It will end up being cheaper in the end because you will need to take a least two per person off the ship and into Cuba. If you are in a suite they are provided in your stateroom for you. I heard a lot of people complain about the service on this ship but what I found was if you were in a suite or higher the service was top notch. If you were in an inside room or outside window it wasn't so great. All in all after the treatment we received I would never cruise in less than a suite again!!!

NCL Sky to Cuba! Aft Penthouse Suite 9275

KBRum2397’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony
Cabin SE 9275
Huge room! Plenty of room and a HUGE balcony. Shower was very tight but the bathroom was large. Large jacuzzi tub.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins