3. Westerdam
The cruise included visits to a wide range of attractive ports in the Western Mediterranean. From Barcelona, the Westerdam stopped in Cádiz, Málaga, Gibraltar, Alicante, Palma de Mallorca, Calvi, Toulon, Monaco, Livorno (Florence), and Civitavecchia (Rome). The ship's staff and crew were excellent, food venues were good, entertainment was entertaining, and the experience was generally fun. My lowish rating for the cruise is based on a seeming problem with norovirus throughout the ship (my wife and I both got sick), the lack of exceptionalism in the Pinnacle Grill (they ran out of anchoveys and berries the night we ate there), and the insensitivity of the customer service desk (a shirt ruined by the shop's laundry was not addressed and they either dawdled when asked to get us medical help or bum-rushed us off the ship--lepers of their creation). The Dining Room, Lido, and Canaletto were fine. The Internet program only used PC products; Apple users were neglected. More could have been done with their cooking and wine-tasting programs. The cruise was definitely worthwhile and the ship's crew was mostly outstanding (stewards, servers, cleaning crews, etc.). I think the health concerns caused the pall that prevented me from rating the ship more highly.

Best and Worst of Times

eaglemaniac’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Westerdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VE 7125
The cabin entrance was cramped, but the balcony was spacious and our steward was outstanding. Amenities (fresh fruit, towels, etc.) were nice. On the last day, we lost water pressure and then lost hot water--not sure why. New TVs are nice.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins