Carnival Conquest Cruise Review

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by jraymondfl

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Misleading information on their website was the very start, I should have cancelled then! It was the most ridiculous waste of money that I can remember! They make it seem like so much is included with Green Check Marks saying included, when in reality they are simple things that every ship would have.

A very old ship, that should be sailing at a tremendous discount, and or not at all! The pool was empty for the 1st day and a half, showing all it's rust and wear. the entire ship has rust showing almost everywhere. By day 3-4 they had a crew dedicated to painting over the rust, I guess to make it go away???

The buffet food was a 3 out of 10. This made Golden Corral look like a lavish buffet at the Ritz Carlton! Lines at everything, filled with rude people! The formal dining night left a bad taste, as if you wanted steak, and or lobster, they came with a $20.00 Each Up charge!!

Every other cruise I have been on including Carnival, did not charge for this! In fact, you could have 3 lobsters at no charge, if you wished!!

Memories of cruises past, remind of dining at large tables, meeting other cruisers, getting a picture for the memory. This time thrown at a table for 2, no picture, an awesome waiter that really needs to find another cruise line, because he is not deserved by this one!

BTW, did I mention that this was my Fiancees 1st cruise! She is not amused even still. First cruise I have ever been on, that I wished we had booked for a shorter time!!!

They seem to charge for everything now! The Cheers Package is a joke!! My girl does not really drink, but in order to get the package for myself, had to also buy for her!! A total waste of yet another $575.00!! This on top of the $2000.00 for a Balcony Room, that when I booked, I mistakenly thought included drinks, since all of their competitors do!

The bed was like a rock, and we both woke up to major back aches! The Steward another awesome person that needs to make a change, was able to put several blankets under the sheets to make it softer but, you guessed it, made it hot as hell!!

The room was ample, and in it's day was very nice. It is showing it's age, and does not even come close to commanding this kind of money!

Nassau was just Ok. Over run with people trying to rip you off at every corner. Mega amounts of people trying to get you on their horses, carts, cabs, boats, and etc.

Carnival's Island has nothing! The Cheers card works, but at almost full prices, charged to your credit card! $8.00 for a beer!!

Oh ya, found out on our bill, that they charged us $10.00 each to take the ferry boat to and from their island!! Really??? BTW total time on their island 40 mins! we and many others had seen enough in that short time!

Grand Turk was a 2 square block area of nothing but shops, a couple of bars, and of course Jimmy Buffett's Rest & Bar. Gotta make more money!!! We were there maybe an hour or so. Not impressed! Fortunately they were docked, no additional ferry fees!!

The day at sea was awesome! Everyone on board trying to push their way to everything, so all the wonderful lines, and rudeness was back in full force! The casino was a joke! Within 5 minutes of playing Roulette, I left because of the surly attitude of the man working it! First Casino I have seen with so little action!!

The wonderful cruise came to end back at port. Where at 6:40 AM we were rudely awakened by the overhead intercom telling everyone to make way to the disembark station. We opted to keep our luggage, so as not to have to wait for it 2 hours at customs. As a result we were thrown off the ship 1st thing! Basically the impression was, your back, we have had enough of you, we hope we squeezed every dollar from you, now get the @%$* off the ship! Although maybe harsh, I'm sure that is in fact the real attitude of the company, and most staff!

The bottom line is, we spent over $2600.00 for a 5 day cruise, on an outdated, understaffed, ship that should be retired! This not including the hundreds spent in additional money's such as casino, pictures, and etc!

I tried to email the upper management of Carnival including the CEO. To nobody's surprise, not even a piss off email in return! I guess I expected better, but then again....

As a result, I will NEVER EVER cruise with Carnival again! I have and will continue telling ANYONE, AND EVERYONE, about our wonderful trip, in hopes to make sure they don't make the same mistake! In my down time now, I have a new hobby. It is finding any and all sites, where I can warn others! You may have got me for $2600.00, but it will cost you hundreds of thousands, I assure you Carnival!!

We could have traveled on MSC, Princess, and or Royal Caribbean on a 7 day, all inclusive, for less!

I have not given up on cruising, And hope to take my bride on a real cruise later this year, only never again on Carnival!!

jraymondfl's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8D 1038

Average Cabin. Steward Gabriel was awesome!

jraymondfl