• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Marella Discovery 2 Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Not terrible but not for me

Review for Marella Discovery 2 to the Eastern Mediterranean
N1zzle
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jun 2017
Cabin:

Let me start by saying that this was my first cruise so maybe the points that I did not enjoy are standard on these kinds of holiday. If you are 60+, then you will likely enjoy this cruise.

We went on the TUI Discovery 2 primarily to spread the ashes of my mother in law as per her wishes. Before I go on, I have to say that they were fantastic with assisting us. Elanor helped us out greatly and is a true asset to the ship.

On arrival to Malaga Port, I was a little underwhelmed with the size of the ship but in fairness, I had seen pictures so had an idea that this wasn't the Royal Caribbean monster ships that I'd seen on my travels. Once we got to port we were told that our luggage would be brought to our rooms and all we had to do was check in. While this is a nice idea, I had been up since 3 am (it was now 2 PM) and I wanted to have a shower and change but I had to wait for my bag.

Cabin Inside cabin

The inside cabins are tiny so if you want 2 people to be able to get ready to go out at the same time, you should consider something bigger.

28 Helpful Votes