3. Celebrity Constellation
We chose this cruise because of the great itinerary especially the overnight stays in Dubrovnik and Malta. We had sailed on Celebrity Constellation many years ago and had fond memories. The ship still fits my choice of a traditional mid sized ship but the service was often mediocre and the class distinction has spoilt the happy relaxed feeling a cruise should have. The recent upgrades are attractive especially in the Reflections Lounge where we remember on a previous cruise enjoying a pre dinner cocktail, but on this cruise it was closed every evening at 5pm so the "elite" class guests could have exclusive occupancy, and several times during the afternoon it was closed for private functions. The staff were often very rude about clearing the lounge. We were also disappointed with the live entertainment in the lounges which was very minimal and almost never appropriate for the age of the large majority of guests. The only performance in the theatre that we enjoyed was Jayne Curry. The food and service in the main dining room was very good and we looked forward to it each evening. However, the same could not be said for the Oceanview Cafe, and we were not surprised by the outbreak of norovirus considering the state of cleanliness of the crockery and cutlery. The day before the announcement, I pointed out to a staff member that I had discarded 10 cups before I had found a clean one. We were "lucky " to avoid the virus, and for me the negative aspects could be pushed to the background, but not so for my husband.

Great Itinerary, Lovely Ship

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by kiwitwo

kiwitwo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Ocean View 6
Cabin 06 6011
A good cabin if you don't mind a long walk towards the bow. The window was large and well worth having. It was tight around the entrance of the cabin with the door, the bathroom door and the wardrobe doors all opening onto each other.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins