Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by IrishAloha

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite

We live in Tampa Bay and chose this cruise due to the proximity. We have been to Key West and Cozumel several times so the tours didn't jazz us...we needed a getaway! Booked a grand suite as my husband likes to stay on board mostly and the balcony was a draw. Long and Short if you book a suite, things are easier for you. Apparently there is a Faster to fun pass, or some such thing, and you can jump ahead for embarkation and debarkation...but suites get this automatically...your room is ready and in you go. I realized later that this was a luxury.

The other passengers are different than other cruises....they are fun, younger....they are thrilled to be on vacation, laugh alot, drink alot and did I mention Laugh A Lot?

Carnival does nickel and dime you to death though....The cheaper cruises are made up for the ridiculous amounts of money you spend on drinks....I laughed to my facebook friends that I will spend as much money on alcohol as I did the actual cruise....I am not joking about this-darn near true! If you are a wine drinker and want to have a bottle in your room, that won't happen..you have to get your cocktails drink by drink....no bottles of wine for you! Beware! We spent 31.00 per bottle of wine(minimum). If you are a wine in your room drinker...just adjust your money to spend!

Food: The dining room food is like a nursing home....I suggest you pay the 20 bucks extra for the lobster tail and filet mignon....Really...pay the dough. It's 50/50 if you get something tasty, but the appetizers are your best bet!

Our room was great....our steward was fabulous....our time was wonderful....so in short...not a bad trip!

IrishAloha's Full Rating Summary

Grand Suite
Cabin GS U97

Not bad! The couch was comfy! My Hubby gets cold, we couldn't figure out the a/c to save our lives.....hint...it's on the ceiling! The tub in this room is old old old...for some reason one of us decided to take a bath and when we put on the Jacuzzi aspect It blew up in our faces like mad! Will say we laughed our faces off! (Turn it Off...Turn It OFF!!!) Don't suggest that!

Key West

Had a cocktail at Captain Tonys! Self guided tour *wink*

Cozumel

Took every thing i had to get out of the 'port area' but once i did it was a blast and got to practice my horrible grasp on Spanish!

IrishAloha