3. Ruby Princess
This was our third Alaskan Cruise and we took my 80 year old mother and our 9 year old granddaughter. We chose this because it is an easy cruise for the age range we were travelling with and it was on my mothers bucket list. This was our first time cruising as Platinum members and the preferred check in made it well worth being continued Princess cruisers. We were at the pier by 1030 and on board by 1130. We book mini suites and our room was spacious. The ship although one of the older ones of the fleet was maintained with minimal signs of wear. Our ship steward Ramesh was always helpful and friendly. The rest of the Ruby staff was equally pleasant and helpful. We did three shore excursions tailored to both my mother and our granddaughter. We did the Mendenhall excursion and it was absolutely magnificent. We hiked to Nugget Falls, although not really a hike a gentle walk. Our tour guide was knowledgable and funny. In Skagway we did a van tour to the summit, Our guide was excellent and knowlegable about the sites. He took the time to let us out at various stops for photo ops and took our picture at the Welcome to Alaska sign. He was the best. In Ketchikan we went to Saxman village and clan house. This was my least favorite because the tour guide was very new and very young. I believe it was her first summer in Alaska and she did not offer a lot of information. The Saxman village was great the totem poles were impressive. The clan house was also great. Food onboard was the standard buffet fare we are use to when sailing on Princess. We had anytime dining and used the Horizon Court for the most part. We went to 2 English Pub lunches which are always fun and delicious although I wish they would serve Ice Tea at the lunch which they did not. We also went to the Crab Shack( additional charge) which was very good. Disembarkation was as easy as Embarkation. We used the Elite lounge and disembarkation was a breeze. Pier 91 is always efficient with gettiing people off ship and on to their next destination.

Our favorite cruise

Ages 7 to 9
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB D220
The cabin was roomy and clean. Our room steward Ramesh was always helpful and pleasant always greeted us with a hello and a smile. Supplies in our room were always replenished as needed and if we needed extra he always obliged. He was fantastic.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins