3. Carnival Pride
I had read many reviews that were very positive regarding this ship/cruise, so imagine my surprise at how bad this trip/Carnival cruise lines really was. Let me say that cruising out of Baltimore is a breeze - just don't try to be first on the ship. If you take your time and board at 2 - 3pm all will go smoothly with no waiting at all. The ship is hideous. Nude art and statues were the least of the problems. The ship looks like one big casino - dark and plastic and really gaudy!!!! The vessel is long and narrow making walking around it congested and irritating due to throngs of other people. There really is no place to just stroll outside like on other ships. The pool decks were not made of wood but some "composite material" that made them very slippery and unsafe - not to mention unattractive. The tile of the pools were chipped and would come off daily. Security officers monitor the pools but they did not follow their own safety policy and let kids jump continuously - this caused an altercation where my husband was threatened by another passenger. The fellow guests were largely rude and unruly - having the Walmart mentality and behavior of wearing cut-off jeans and football jerseys into the formal dining room. The adult only pool was very small and inhabited by people who seemed to enjoy drinking, smoking, and swearing at all times. Not my scene and certainly not "fun".. The pool band was simply two men and a synthesizer - hardly a band at all - well, maybe one with no real instruments. Our cabin was very nice with a 30 ft balcony. All service was good - but not as seasoned as on other ships. Davids was ok - it was fun but certainly not gourmet. The ports of call were awful - really humid, dirty and almost as scary as the "guests" on the ship. Oh and if all that wasn't bad enough - Carnival charged my debit card for all my expenses and also put a "hold" for those same expenses leaving me with very little money in my account as they have essentially billed me twice. They are blaming my bank, but the bank says that Carnival is responsible. Meanwhile I sit and wait for my money to be restored. So this just adds insult to injury -not my idea of a "funship".

bah hamas

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by snooke

• Sail Date: September 2009
  • Destination: Bahamas
Davids was ok - it was fun but certainly not gourmet.
snooke’s Full Rating Summary