3. Emerald Sun
Chosen for the River Danube experience, we were not disappointed but being less active than some some, coach shore tours - even if not into the ancient places would have been appreciated for a taste of new places. Staff were excellent throughout being helpful, informative and ever cheerful and calm. There were shades of ;Happy Camper' in the mien of communal notices but most went along with that. On the last night we were praised for being a great crowd.... the next morning we we not so welcome with bed linen changed whilst we were at early breakfast and before 7.40 am and when we had to have bags out by 8.30am. This was not so good and upset many. Travel bag labels would have been useful since BA had to deliver 49 or more after an airport failure - no fault of the cruise people - many hours later and having t give bag description at Budapest to get them. He quality cruise back packs - a choice of a bag might have been better for many....... not all of us a back pack people!

An excellent start to River Cruising

Emerald Sun Cruise Review by Voyager101

Voyager101’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Sun price drops

At time of booking I thouht we had been given a cabin with balcony on the top deck. A phone call indicated a change of number but I was told it was exactly the same but a different number. it was in fact on a deck lower and not with a separate balcony. I will not allow this to happen again. The cabin I asked for was allocated with another to a larger party who booked after me. However, the cabin was good if not what I had asked for.