Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by stockdad

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda 2A

Had a wonderful time on a great ship. Stayed in Cabin 7199. Very nice, no complaints but 1 deck higher would have been perfect. Food in main dining room was very very good. No need for specialty restaurants. Breakfast in main dining room, buffet and in room was also very good. Lunch was just average buffet food.

Did not buy any specialty drink packages. You would have to drink yourself into a coma to break even. And we don't hesitate to order a drink when we want one.

Guest speakers Bret Nixon and his wife Amanda gave excellent information on sea life and the towns we were to visit. A must do.

Most enjoyable was as we entered the fjord sitting on the balcony at 4:30 am. The next three hours of ice and glacier was amazing. Bring binoculars, I bought them on board. We where on the port side, seem to be better viewing.

Ketchikan : went on the Allusion Ballard a working king crab boat seen on TV. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Juneau : Hovercraft was cancelled due to bad weather. Did the helicopter to top of glacier. My wife enjoyed it I was ho hum, so I'm on top of an ice cube.

Skagway : Kershal animal rescue in Haines. A lot of fun. Really worth the time and money. Wife got to kiss a moose. Was on her bucket list.

A word of advice. When arriving at the port before departure take a cab. The shuttle from the hotel always runs late. There are thousands of people arriving at the same time to fill two cruises ships and there is only one lane. Cab is best the wont allow Uber near the entrance. Get there early.

We had a great time I hope you do too.

stockdad's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda 2A
Cabin 2A 7199

Very nice. Clean, had enough room and storage. Deck 8 would have been perfect. A cabin midship is really important. Attendant was excellent.

Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour

enjoyed it much more than I thought I would

View All 125 Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour Reviews
Helicopter Tour

Wife enjoyed it lots. It was just being ontop of an ice cube. some what interesting

View All 138 Helicopter Tour Reviews

Great trip. You will see the local wildlife up close and kiss a moose

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Butchart Gardens

Beautyful, but there are just so many flowers i can look at and say "oh that's nice"

Tea sevice is OK if you want to take a break

View All 308 Butchart Gardens Reviews