3. Grand Celebration
My sister visited from Canada so I thought I would take her on a little cruise. When we got to the port it was raining very heavy. It is valet parking only, and they instructed me to pull around from the covered area to get out. I told them I didn't want to get out in the rain and they said I had no choice and that I had to get my own bags out of my vehicle. When we went into the terminal, it was very chaotic. They had lines for drinks and dinner and no one let you know what you were required to line up for or where to go from there. It was very disorganized. Once on board we went to eat as our rooms were not ready yet. We sat down to eat and they came and told people to move because there was flooding from the rain. It was pouring in on the floor through the outside doors. The room steward was nice and helpful but insisted I complete the review on him ASAP. We did not even get a chance to see what kind of job he did. He wanted it the same night we boarded. The room was ok, not as nice as other cruise lines and not as much storage area. The shower constantly leaked out into the bathroom when in use. They had one bed set up so I had to request it get separated to two beds. This was done but the bedding for the large size was left on one of the beds so it was hanging and piled up on the side of the bed. The mandatory muster was scheduled for 5:30 pm and was postponed until 7:30 pm so those of us with the late dinner din't get the nightly show, it was cancelled for us. I had purchased the drink package when I made my cruise reservations. No one told me what to do or how to claim this. I found out you had to go to a certain bar to get your vouchers. When I went they said I was not in the systems and sent me to guest services. When I got there it had a huge line. When it was finally my turn, they said they didn't see it and I would have to call and talk to the booking people. They did let me use the ship phone. When we went to eat dinner in the dining room, The chair I had at my table was broken. I requested for it to be changed to 3 different dining room staff but it was never replaced. The food was not that great and people from our table said they would not come back to eat in the dining room again. I booked the sightseeing/shopping tour which was one of the recommended excursions. It was still pouring rain and they took us to a Double Decker bus that was open on the top floor. I requested the lower level because my sister could not make it up the stairs.Once the bus started, dirty water came pouring down on my sister from the above deck floor. The only other empty seats had puddles of water from other leaks. We had to get tissues to try and stop the leak. We told the driver but nothing was done. The tour itself was very boring and was advertised that we would drive to famous peoples homes, but we drove to two people that they talked about who were local, so not famous. The bus dropped us at the shopping area and said we could catch buses back to the ship on the hour each hour until 4:00 pm. We along with a group of other people waited but no bus showed up for us. Another bus that had a private tour to pick up ended up taking our group back to the ship after we had waited over 40 minutes. The rain continued the entire cruise, and the ceilings in front of the elevators by the buffet area were leaking. I took pictures of the ceiling leaks and the 5 buckets in front of an elevator that they roped off trying to catch the water. The other elevator only had one bucket to catch the water. the carpet was soaked and water came into your shoes as you walked through. When we docked they had us lined up on our floor in the hallway, almost the entire length of the ship. When we got off the ship and went to get my vehicle, the valet brought my truck and walked away. I had to place our bags into my vehicle myself. I have been on several cruises of 2 nights to 2 weeks and this was absolutely the worst cruise I have ever been on. The only good thing I can say is our waiter was friendly and had to deal with a very rude person, and he handled it well and professionally. I was so disappointed and felt like this had been an entire waste of money. I live in the Tampa area and travelling that distance was bad enough for such an awful experience, but I felt bad for the people from out of state and out of country who came for this cruise. I will never go on this cruise again and will NEVER recommend it to anyone.

Worst cruise I have ever been on

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by mcv318

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas

mcv318’s Full Rating Summary
Get Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line Grand Celebration price drops

Cabin m94
Cabin was not as nice or as big as other cruise lines. Storage area was smaller. Shower leaked out on to floor when ever used. Bedding for large size bed was left on one of our beds when we had them separate them, so was hanging off of bed and piled onto floor at side of bed.