3. Caribbean Princess
Background- My husband and I are in our early 50's and love to go cruising more that any other type of vacation on earth! Our trip to New England was so very exciting, especially Newport, RI and Bar Harbor, ME. We have been to St John's, New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia before so those ports were for more quiet time. Embarkation- We flew into LGA from CLE and arrived at 10:00 A.M. By 10:25 A.M. we were in a Taxi headed for the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. Price for the taxi was 30.00 + tip, which I thought was a great price. We breezed right through security and check in and were on board by 11:30 A.M. We headed for our room to check it out and make any arrangements that needed to be made, like signing up for consideration for the Chef's Table one night during the cruise!!!! If any of you have not done this......NOW IS THE TIME to experience this wonderful evening with Chef Antonio Cereda. He prepares all new menu items for the 12 of you from appetizers to dessert along with many fine French champagnes and wines. You start your evening with a wonderful tour of the kitchen during rush hour and see the dynamics of the fine dining kitchen at sea!!!!! Appetizers are served with Champagne in the galley before heading to the VIP Chef's Table in the Dining Room for the rest of your multi-course extravaganza! Call 6219/ dining reservations to put yourselves on this list for this once in a life time treat. Accommodations- We like the Balcony Cabins on the Lido Deck Forward for a short cruise of 7 days or so. The hallways are quiet and there are only 25-30 outside cabins and 13 or so inside cabins. The Balcony Room is a good size, but we wish the shower/ bathroom were a little bit bigger!!!!! There are many drawers and plenty of hanging closet to fit all of your clothes for the 7 day cruise. One thing that I noticed was all the lightening was over head and it was hard to see well in the mirror for close up work.......like makeup!!!!! HA! I know next time I will bring my suction-cup 10x mirror and stick it on the window or mirror for better viewing for detail work. When I came home my eyebrows looked like electrical wires above my eyes!!!! Oh well, nobody really cared!!!! Ship- We have never been on this ship and it looked quite beautiful and elegant! We know it was in for remodeling and total revamp earlier this year!!!! They made some wonderful additions :The Vines Bar and International Cafe, Coffee Station, Casino smaller, new elegant inside large window cabins on the Fiesta deck right down from the Princess Theater port side, I think and the MUTS.If I am missing anything.....please let me know!!!! OH, new internet and library too. Navigating around the ship is a little confusing, but after day 2 we got it down!!!! Thanks to all of you who added your 2 cents that I read before I left. Dining- We chose Anytime dining. We ate in the Coral dining room 3 times, first night and found no wait at 7:45. The 2ND time was Formal night after Halifax and the last night of the cruise.....all times at 7:45 and no waiting!!!! Food was great, but I LOVE food, especially sea food and my husband loves any type of meat so we were happy!!!! Lobster and Crab were served on their traditional nights during formal dinners, even at Cafe Carib!!! I was in heaven that night and ate it in my casual clothes!!! Other times ( breakfast,lunch and some dinners ) we ate at the Horizon Court Buffet and Cafe Carib, when it was open. When both are open, go and see what they each have. Many times there are different food items at each place!!!!!!! Do not forget in the morning to get those delicious Belgian Waffles at the Ice Cream place on the Lido Deck, you can smell them a mile away.......that is how my NOSE found them!!! My husband still laughs at me running to find that wonderful smell of waffles. We were going to go to the Crown Grill ( I think that is what it was called), but that night was the Chef's Table and we were not going to miss that!!!!! Read about it on embarkation notes. We had 2 lovely CC members that joined us for this Chef's event and they were from England and they were some of the nicest people we had met...Kim and Shaun. Of course we met many new friends that night...we were together for 3.5 hours!!! But many passengers that I talked to loved both of the speciality restaurants!!!!!! Many had rave reviews!!!! Service- It was great and I have no complaints. I am in the service industry and I appreciate anything that anyone does for the both of us.....even if it takes a little time. There were 3,300 pax on this trip and at times the buffets were busy, but I found no one starving at any of my tables!!!!! Anna Maria from Romania was my favorite, she looks like Celine Dion (sp)she is in the Horizon in the morning and the Coral for dinner, she is a hoot!!!! Entertainment- We only had enough energy to see the comedian one night and it was packed. He was Phil Tag and was a riot.....a must see, but get there early it fills up fast. Casinos- My husband did o.k., but I just went to deposit my $$$$ and left!!!! MUTS- Didn't watch one movie, it was a little chilly but there were many pax.'s out there any time of the day......enjoying the big screen. Afternoon tea- In the dining room was lovely, but did not participate. Also in the afternoon they came around with cookies and milk...............I guess so you could make it until dinner!!!!! Bars- We didn't go to many of the bars on board, we were just happy to go to our rooms and drink our wine and relax on the balcony......even if we did have our coats on!!!!!!! Cruise Staff- Dan, the CD was wonderful and funny as well as Sam, his side kick.They were on T.V. every morning to share the drinks and the events of the day, very helpful. All of the staff were always willing to assist you with a smile! I have been up since 4 a.m. and my fingers are getting tired, so I will review the ports, etc on another day...... If you have any ?????? just e-mail me at s31ship@oh.rr.com Talk to you later.......

New England and Canada cruise on the Caribbean Princess!

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by skinisin

Dining-
Service-
Entertainment-
Casinos-
My husband did o.k., but I just went to deposit my $$$$ and left!!!!
MUTS-