3. Norwegian Jewel
This review is different than most. This is a summary of items that I always search these threads for: Before you leave home/before you board the ship:Download the NCL iConcierge App. This helps with onboard services once on the ship. I planned to do this at the terminal in Seattle- but there was no wifi available! I hope this is temporary, as I know this is a "new" terminal for NCL. There should really be free wifi in the terminal. It sets a bad precedent. Once onboard- head to a venue that is NOT the buffet for lunch. Much fewer people and a more enjoyable first meal. The crew will direct you to the buffet- but both O'Sheehans and Tsar's Palace (main dining room) are open for lunch). If you do find yourself ever having breakfast or lunch in the buffet- get your food and head to "La Cuicina" to eat. The ambiance is better and it is not nearly as crowded. I wish I had discovered this on our first buffet lunch! FYI- the menu for lunch never changes in the main restaurant (Tsar's Palace). The dinner menu is the same for both main restaurants. O'Sheehans is open 24 hours and the menus are always the same. The best place to sit and relax (besides your balcony) are the aqua-colored loungers on deck 13 forward in the Spinnaker Lounge. There are only 4 (but can seat a family of 4!) and extremely comfortable. If you see one unoccupied- claim it! Though I feel that NCL has limited their included ("free") services over the years, it can still be a very good deal to cruise on this line if you choose wisely and frugally. There are several included dining options on both port and sea days. I have included photos of "dailies" for both a port and sea day in terms of dining offerings. Room service now incurs a charge of $7.95 UNLESS you have a continental breakfast delivered between the hours of 6:30 and 10 am- in this one case, nothing is charged to your account. No longer are passengers allowed to bring ANY beverages onboard the ship without incurring confiscation or a fee. Seriously, not even a water bottle or can of soda! You are also not permitted to bring wine onboard without incurring a "corkage fee." What is in the room: coffee maker and all accompaniments; hair dryer (good quality); refrigerator (ask your steward to empty the minibar that takes up all the space); plenty of storage space for two- tight for four (even though our room slept 4) Bathroom: liquid hand soap dispenser; shampoo/conditioner (2-in-1) dispenser; body wash dispenser See photos... FYI- Our cabin # was 9634

A different kind of review...

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by thepeoples4

thepeoples4’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Family Balcony
Cabin B2 9634
We had originally booked an IX (inside guarantee). We played their upgrade bidding game for a balcony when offered and got it! Best money I ever spent! Even though my bid was in the "poor" range, we still got our upgrade!

Our cabin was great- our room was "sandwiched" between two other rooms- just like we wish. I dislike being over or under public spaces- as it can get loud.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins