3. Ruby Princess
Had not taken a Princess cruise in 14 years. We chose this cruise for the different itinerary, and because we live in Orange County, CA we didn't ned to fly. Embarkation was very efficient, and we were on the ship within 1 hour of arriving at the port. First impressions...the ship was very clean, the staff smiling, and seemed genuinely happy to see us...except one...more on that later. Our cabin was ready when we got aboard, so we dropped our carry ons and went where??, why to start our week of eating with lunch. Oh...wait had to go to the bar and get the first dirnk...then lunch. The AIBP worked very well, it was nice to not have to worry about my bar tab all week. The buffet was busy, but not crowded. The food was good and plentiful, and the staff were ready to bring drinks almost as soon as you sat down. If the buffet area is crowded, there is a seating area just aft of the buffet by the Terrace Pool. We had an outside cabin on Emerald deck, it was fine space wise and had plenty of storage for the 2 of us. Some people say that if things are the same as when you cruised the line many years ago, then there must be something wrong. I disagree, I have certain expectations of a cruise, and Princess ticked off each and every one! The MDR food was good, the staff was wonderful, and I felt spoiled for the week. There were some small service issues, but they did not, in my opinion truly affect my enjoyment. The one person that I had issue with was a female server in the International Cafe that never smiled, and was more interested in talking to her co-workers than serving guests. The only other gripe I had was with my room steward, that never bothered to fill the ice bucket and waited until two days into the cruise to bring my sailaway snacks, and our robes. WE took this cruise for my DW's birthday, and Princess made a big deal out of it!! She got a card from the Captain and got a gift certificate for the shops and the spa. I have cruised with Princess, NCL, and RCI and have to say that this was as close to a perfect cruise as I have had in 14 cruises!! Thanks Princess!

Feels like coming home.

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by vclst

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)
vclst’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OW E304
Plenty of storage and closet space
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins