• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

MSC Fantasia Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating
2 Awards

'The Ship that rarely moved'

Review for MSC Fantasia to the Middle East
stuart1234
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2017
Cabin:
Dhoa.

This was our second MSC cruise having been on the MSC Opera in 2015.

The transfer from Abu Dhabi airport to the port was extremely disorganised. We couldn't believe how many people were crowding together outside the airport after landing at 6.00am. Nobody seemed to know what was happening. However we did make it to the ship and by 9.00 am were eating breakfast in Zanzibar. No problem in validating our cruise cards after eating but not allowed into the cabin until 12.30.

Once on board we were told of the itinerary changes. Would have been nice to have been advised of this earlier - disappointing when plans had been made.

Port Reviews

Bahrain

Took MSCs trip. Despite booking together we had to sit at opposite ends of the coach. My partner was sat in the middle of the rear seat in between two couples and I was right at the front. I felt that the guide could have sorted this out as there were places here and there. Al-Fateh Mosque was small but interesting. Despite wearing long trousers, a long sleeved blouse and a pashmina completely covering her head my wife still had to wear a gown. This didn't happen in Abu Dhabi when she wore the same clothing.

Abu Dhabi