3. Majestic Princess
We booked this cruise in July, 2016. It was the week and route we wanted and I read that it was a new ship. We have sailed on a brand new ship before and loved it, so this sounded perfect. Unfortunately, nowhere in the literature back then did it say anything about this ship being designed for the Asian market. The changes made on this new ship did not make it as enjoyable as previous Princess cruises. The Food - The food in both the World buffet and the dining room left a lot to be desired. In the buffet, the food was always cold. The waiters were not particularly attentive as we have experienced on previous Princess cruises. There were two sections to the World buffet, and often the selections were different. We seemed to always pick the wrong side to sit on! Our best lunch was at the pool. We had cheeseburgers and fries. We really missed the pizza parlor that is by the pool on the other Princess ships. We ate dinner in the Anytime Dining Room on 6 of the 7 nights. We had an excellent waiter (Michael J) on three nights only! Unfortunately, on the other nights our waiters seemed inexperienced. Shops - The addition of the "designer" brand shops was not a good thing. Perhaps they will see more use when they relocate to their new Asian Market. Excursions- We did ship excursions in three ports. They were all very nice with excellent tour guides. We did private tours in Florence and Rome. Passengers' Service Desk- This was completely understaffed. The line was always long and moved at a snail's pace. On the first night of the cruise I stopped by this desk to get a small amount of pounds that we would need for a taxi on our return to the ship from the Rock of Gibraltar cable car. Our excursion was one way only and you had to find your own way back. I was shocked when I was told they didn't have any pounds. They "got rid of them" on the previous cruise! Spa - We thoroughly enjoyed our time in the thermal pool and took advantage of it every night after dinner. We also tried several sessions of acupuncture for the first time and loved our clinician and the results. Princess Air - This was the first time we used this service and it was excellent! We were able to select the flights and dates we wanted and selected our seats 10 months ahead of time. The price was cheaper than if we had booked it ourselves. Overall - Unfortunately this was our least favorite Princess cruise. We will definitely sail on Princess again, but I will select the ship more carefully.

New Ship but Disappointing Cruise

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by turquoisesea

turquoisesea’s Full Rating Summary
Get Majestic Princess price drops

Cabin Riviera
Our cabin was just aft of mid ship on deck 14 and a perfect location. The mid ship elevators were close so getting to dinner or the buffet was easy. Our mini suite was very roomy with lots of storage and a large closet with a safe. The best part of a mini suite is the size of the bathroom with a nice tub. The room had a full size couch (not a love seat) but the balcony was very small. It was only as deep as the chairs. We usually enjoy sitting out on our balcony, but it was too small to enjoy. Although everything was new I found my bed to be very uncomfortable. After two nights of no sleep I finally asked our room steward if she could find me a mattress topper - and she did!! It's helped.
  Majestic Princess Deck Plans