3. Norwegian Dawn
Cruised with 5 female friends which I have known for approx. 45 yrs. The food at the buffet on the 12th deck was very good...although I wish the soft serve ice cream was available more often. Very clean...no sooner would you finish eating and there would be someone to take our dirty plates away. Found the Venetian restaurant (although very nice) to be slow at times and chlostraphobic. Had coffee, juice, danish, etc. delivered to our room a few mornings in lieu of going out for breakfast. It worked out nicely! Our steward was FABULOUS...the entire staff was just fabulous! Everyone was so nice! The entertainment was very good as well! Bingo was extremely expensive...beyond ridiculous! The worst part of my trip was the cigarette smoke...primarily in the casino and in the lounge area just outside the casino. There is a smoking room just outside the casino; however, the smoke lingers outside of that room...and it's bad at times! I had a woman that has smoked for many years tell me how bad that room was to go into. The day before my cruise was to dock back in Boston, I got a terrible sinus infection from the cigarette smoke and was feeling miserable and could not wait to get home. The other issue was the fact that there is only 1 pool...on the 12th floor...which was always full of kids. If I cruise again, I will have to research to find a ship that hopefully has a better handle on cigarette smoking as well as some adult only areas. I love kids...but I also enjoy some time without the kids. The hot tubs were filled with kids all through the night. I didn't think kids were supposed to be in the hot tubs. Kids were walking around the tops of the hot tubs. Nobody was enforcing what the kids were doing. I am with kids all day every day and my vacation was spent worrying about the kids that nobody seemed to be watching! One more thing...I had not rec'd my suitcase come 10:30 on the first night so I called customer service. They said I had to go downstairs to the 7th floor to claim my suitcase because the paper label that was initially printed had come off (it was initially taped and stapled) and apparently nobody knew where to deliver the suitcase. Well...there was another name/address tag on the suitcase and had somebody bothered to look to see if there was another tag, they would have seen my name and could have looked up my name as a passenger on the ship and known who owned the suitcase. I was a bit frustrated to say the least! Wish there were Bermuda brochures/magazines on the ship so we had a better idea before we got to Bermuda where to go/what to do (maybe I missed them)! I consider this cruise as a learning experience as to what I would/would not want on my next cruise! Minus my comments above, my friends and I had a nice time!

First cruise...first trip to Bermuda!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by netska

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Picture Window
netska’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OA 8156
Cabin was fine...expected nothing more/less!
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins