3. Norwegian Dawn
This was our first experience with Norwegian. Family of 3 with a teenager. Sailed out of Boston which was very convenient.Things went smoothly boarding then we hit a major bump in the road. Norwegian charged my credit card for someone else's large casino bill. Thousands of dollars. The other person's name was on the transaction, they signed for it, but it inexplicably got charged to my account. After an hour at the front desk, I got the charge taken off my account, but the hold remained for the rest of the vacation and it took up all my available credit on my card for the entire trip.No apologies for mismanaging my financial information, nothing. Because my vacation money had been taken away from me, I did not go to the specialty restaurants, shopping, etc. We had already booked two excursions which were good. The kayak and shipwreck snorkeling. The dining was good on the whole. We dined at the Garden Cafe for breakfast and Aqua and the Venetian for dinner. The food was good, not great as was the service. The lounge areas were our favorites, we went many times to Gatsby's to see Ariel perform Sinatra and the waitstaff were amazing.The shows at night in the Stardust were entertaining. The 'American Idol' style show was rigged, though the best performer won in the end. 'Elements' was a bit too artsy for me. It would have been nice to have more to do on the ship during the day, offerings were extremely limited. We ended up by the pool most days fighting for chairs and listening to the same 60's playlist in the morning and the same reggae type band midday. Music was too loud to have a conversation but announcements were barely audible. My daughter is 13 and the groups are broken up 10-12 and 13-17. Wish they had 13-15 and 16-18. There's a big difference between those age groups. The constant second hand smoke and ashtray smell made visiting the Casino unappealing. I didn't have money to gamble anyway, but I was surprised it was allowed as there is an enclosed smoking lounge next door. The financial situation really made it hard for me to relax, which was the whole point of the cruise. They definitely haven't done enough to earn my business again.

Some Positives and Significant Negatives

Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 10652
Small, as expected. Sofa folds out for an extra bed, but when it's pulled out you can't get to the balcony. Bring a multi-outlet adapter because there's only one for the whole room. Toilet and shower had privacy doors. Beds are adequate. You can hear chairs dragging across the floor from the Garden cafe two floors up at all hours.Balcony is nice, when you dock in Bermuda you have an ocean view.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins