3. Emerald Princess
This was a cruise to take the family on a first time Alaskan trip. My wife and I are long time Princess cruisers and both of us were disappointed in the overall cruise. The dinning room needs to speed up the process. We dinned with different waiters each night and we don't blame the staff as they were trying very hard to keep up with their tables. However, when you enter the dinning room at 5:30 and it is 7:45 when you receive your last course that is taking a little to long. The food was far below Princess standard. The beef was tough and over seasoned and the fish was bland. Breakfast in the buffet was not much better eggs were cold, biscuits and gravy cold, bacon half raw, coffee weak, fresh fruit not ripe. And it was not just us complaining other tables were making the same comments. Another item, the handle on the balcony door came off the first day, our room steward was notified and he immediately put in a call to have it fixed. It was still broken at the end of the cruise. My wife and I will still cruise with Princess when the itinerary is of interest but we are also looking at other cruise lines with the same itinerary.

The Emerald Princess is in dire need of renovation.

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by woodrust