Carnival Triumph Cruise Review

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by tsiprell

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

We choose the Triumph due to the Port. I started my 50th Birthday bash in New Orleans and boarded the Triumph on my birthdate. From The time we stepped foot on board to leaving we felt taken care of. The rooms could be updated but they were clean which is the most important thing. We had the Aft Balcony on the 8th floor and I Loved the view we had of the ocean from the back. Nothing obstructing our view. The first night we had to skirt around Tropical Storm Cynthia so It was a little rough but that is to be expected. Our first port was Progreso which I loved the Mayan ruins of Dzibilchaltun. Our guide was Gabrile and he was very informative on the culture of Mexico and the Mayans. We stopped at a local restaurant for lunch and got to taste the local craft beers. Lunch was delish. We then went into Cozumel where I got to explore and do a little shopping. The only thing I think Carnival could change is make the back Aft Pool 21 and older. Most days older adults would be in there and leave the front pool / slide to the kids but when that one filled up they would move to the back which would make it rough or the older older ladies trying to relax when you have a teenager jumping in a splashing. other than that we had a wonderful trip and are already planning our next one.

tsiprell's Full Rating Summary

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8M 8435

Loved our cabin. it was spacious and the view off the back was always beautiful. even during the storm the view from inside was great.

New Orleans

We love New Orleans and just planned our way around some of our old favorite places.

Historic Merida

I enjoyed the town but the rest of my family did not. Mostly could have mixed the mayan ruins with maybe a beach day.

View All 14 Historic Merida Reviews
Mayan Ruins

Loved the mayan ruins. our guide was Gabriele and he was very informative on the history and culture of mexico and the Mayan people

View All 43 Mayan Ruins Reviews
Cozumel

I didn't want to take an excursion - just felt like walking around the city and exploring. Had some great food and drinks and did a little shopping too.

tsiprell