3. Coral Princess
My husband and I enjoyed this Cruise/Tour 4 years ago and loved it. I decided it would be a great trip to use to introduce my sister and my two cousins to cruising (hubby stayed home with the pups). This was my seventh Princess cruise, but then I have never cruised another line to compare. I have never felt the need, as Princess has almost always been enjoyable. We had a mini suite on Dolphin Deck. As others have posted, the remotes were difficult, if not impossible at times, to operate. Our steward, Raymond, was great. Very efficient, but low key. He got our room in top shape almost as a ghost. If we left the room, he magically appeared and freshened it! The ship itself needs a refit. Lots of rust and peeling paint on the balcony and carpets a little soiled. Beds were Princess quality comfortable. If I could figure out how to get one of the mattresses in my bag, I would take it home! My family loved the shows, but I found them only ok. It would be good if they could vary the themes. I have seen Motor City on almost every cruise I have taken, as well as the other variety shows. Time for a change there! Food was not as fabulous as previous cruises. Breakfast in the Horizon was good, but lunches were not to my liking. We only had one evening meal there and "it filled the void", but was not something that was memorable. We did anytime dining and only had to wait a short while one evening. We took our buzzer and sat in the lounge outside the Bordeaux and enjoyed a cocktail. No problem. Food there was ok, not as varied as previous cruises. Service was slow most nights, but the staff was great. Romeo serenaded us one evening and was very attentive. Alisie (not sure of spelling) was great also. He took great care of four old ladies, but service from the back took a while. Again, we enjoyed our time to visit, so no major problem. Our Embarkation and Disembarkation were both a breeze. Crew came aboard our train as we traveled from the Denali Princess Lodge to the ship and had everything but our photos taken care of before we arrived at the ship. Once there, it was a quick walk inside. No wait at all. The two days of voyages to the glaciers were spectacular. We had plenty of time to drink in the beauty and take lots of photographs. This is something everyone should experience. We took independent tours in Juneau and Skagway. We took the Princess tour to the Lumberjack Show. It is a short, pleasant walk from the ship. The show itself is light entertainment. My family loved it. We had plenty of time to wander the streets of downtown Ketchikan, where my family did their part to feed the local economy. Way too many tourist shops for my taste, but it definitely provides jobs for lots of the locals. My big complaint comes with our flights booked through Princess and EZ Aire. We could not book a flight that got us into Anchorage the day before as they arrived just before midnight and there was no offer for shuttle service or hotel accommodations,even at an additional expense. The flight we had to take had us arriving late the night before our land tour began (around 11 pm). Only time to sleep and have breakfast, no time to see the city. Our return flights were a nightmare. We took the Princess excursion of Stanley Park and downtown Vancouver when we disembarked. We had to disembark at 8:05 a.m., the tour lasted about 4 hours, which meant we were dropped at the airport around noon. Our flight did not depart until 10:59 p.m. That makes for a very long day! We are four older ladies who did not feel comfortable leaving our luggage at the area provided at the airport and going back into town by train on our own. United Airlines provided their own chapter to that tale.A tale with more details that you want to hear! None of them good! If you have read to this point, I applaud you. I also encourage you to check this one off your bucket list. Don't just continue to dream about it, DO IT!

The beauty of Alaska neutralizes any negatives!

Coral Princess Cruise Review by ezstreet

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

ezstreet’s Full Rating Summary
Get Coral Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB D319
Cabin was clean and very comfortable. Plenty of room for us and our family, who had their own cabin, to gather before dinner in the evenings. Mattresses were extremely comfortable. Bathroom large, with a tub/shower arrangement. Great water pressure! Large balcony with three chairs, footstools, and a table, and still plenty of room to move around. Lots of storage space. Plenty of hangers.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Whale Watching
    What a day! We went first to the Mendenhall Glacier. This is one of the most beautiful places in the world! We strolled around the area on our own, soaking up the scenery and taking lots of pictures. A Juneau Shore Excursion bus then picked us up and took us to our boat for whale watching. The boat was basic, but comfortable. It is enclosed, so no worry about the outside weather (although ours was glorious!). Our boat captain, Jordan, gave us a wild, but very safe, ride out to a spot they had heard there were Orcas. Not to disappoint, we say several Orcas...two or three females and one large male. They performed for us quite a while. Then it was back to search for the Humpback whales. We saw several Humpbacks before heading back in. All the while, Emily S., our guide, gave us a very funny, informative talk as we motored about. I could not say anything negative about this trip at all! The crew was outstanding and the views spectacular! I highly recommend!
    View All 841 Whale Watching Reviews
  • Lumberjack Show
    A short, pleasant walk from the boat. Show is lighthearted fun. It lasts about an hour. No early wake up call. Nice way to spend the afternoon to wind down the cruise.
    View All 302 Lumberjack Show Reviews
  • Yukon Van Tour
    I'll review those separately. In Skagway, we took the Yukon Rail & Bus Excursion through Chilkoot Charters & Tours. My husband and I had taken it on our previous cruise and loved it. Jenny, our driver, made this an awesome day! She was friendly and informative, without trying to be a comedian all day! She gave us quiet time, with some beautiful background music, on the trip back to the train, to soak up the majesty of our surroundings. We stopped from time to time for pictures, saw a brown bear, and had a wonderful stop for lunch and sled dog puppies (among other things) at the Caribou Crossing Trading Post. Jenny, our wonderful driver/guide, dropped us off at the Scenic Railway for an unforgettable ride back to the ship.
    View All 126 Yukon Van Tour Reviews
  • Stanley Park
    We booked this tour so we could see a bit of the city on the way to the airport. This turned out to be a good decision. Vancouver is a gorgeous city. Stanley Park is unbelievable. It is a glorious rain forest just at the edge of the city. Our driver, Aaron (I think his name was), was very informative without being annoying. The tour makes us want to go back to spend more time in Vancouver.
    View All 41 Stanley Park Reviews