• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Grant Shannon
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jun 2017
Cabin: Aft-Facing Balcony

This was our first cruise with Norwegian Cruise lines, and it was also the last. We have done several cruises with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. This cruise line does not measure up for us. We paid $4,000 to upgrade from an inside cabin to an outside cabin on the back of the boat. The cabin was small and bathroom except for the shower was very tight. I'm a little over 6' tall and it was almost impossible to use the toilet. There was simply no room to even stand up. You had to move out of the toilet compartment to get your pants up. In addition to this as part of the upgrade package we were supposed to get internet included, a beverage package and gratuities. That never happened. They would not honor it and blamed it on our travel agent. The food was substandard, well below anything we have experienced in the past, I did like the open dining concept though. My wife enjoys playing the slot machines, but the whole casino was a smoking area, so if your a non smoker, it was tough to stay there for very long. The one good comment I would have was the stateroom attendant did an excellent job of looking after our room. The other bathrooms on board ship were passable, some clean others not so clean. We had booked three excursions on this trip, Two were good, White Pass summit by rail and a bus excursion that toured a hatchery, a glacier, and a botanical garden. Thee third was a water tour, the mists of Skagway (??). We got 10 minutes out and had to return because of a mechanical problem. I have to say there is way better value for your money than Norwegian Cruise lines.

Aft-Facing Balcony

Cabin B1

For an aft cabin it was small and the bathroom layout was terrible

Find a Norwegian Jewel Cruise from $426