3. Viking Bragi
This was a special two week celebration cruise for us for which we paid as a couple over £12,000. There was a mix of English speaking 'guests', as we were called. Although I'd particularly asked for a cruise with a majority of British clients, of the 186 'guests' most were American. There were a few British and an Australian couple and a New Zealand couple. The food was good and plentiful and in the main reflected the cuisine of the areas we travelled through, ie The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary, so it was strange to have some American favourites such as clam chowder! The staff were very friendly, helpful and good. The organised tours were managed very well in the main with some excellent guides and some not so knowledgeable. We loved the medieval German villages, particularly Rothenburg, Bamburg and the dynamic Regensburg. However, although our suite was lovely with a balcony, it was often impossible to use or enjoy it. When we were docked in Cologne for the day and for the 2 days in Vienna and two days in Budapest it was unusable as we were sandwiched between two other Viking Boats. This also meant that because there was no daylight into either rooms of the suite, we had to have the electric lights on continuously and, therefore, we then had to have our curtains closed completely during daylight hours to give us privacy as obviously the boat parked directly alongside could view straight into our rooms. Having experienced being moored beside another boat in Cologne all day, when we arrived in Vienna for two days and were straight away sandwiched between two boats, I asked for how long this was going to be the case. I was told this would be for the entire time we were in Vienna. I was not happy and suggested this was a economy for Viking which was not what we had paid for. I was told it was not an economy as Viking owned two other moorings at Vienna but had rented them out!!! Obviously Viking benefitted from this but we did not. Also noticed when we were parked between other boats in this way, particularly in the public areas, that there was a smell of sewage, which was not pleasant. To add to this the sun deck was closed for 5 days during the first week of the cruise. I understand that this is because of the low bridges. However for those guests without balconies there was very limited if any outside space in which to enjoy the early part of the cruise, during which there was mostly cruising and very few stops at ports. I also noted, as did other guests, that the necessary closure of the sun deck was not reflected in Viking's brochures or other documents.

Great views and tours but .......

Viking Bragi Cruise Review by Anonimous

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

Anonimous’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Bragi price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA 320
Greeted by a bottle of bubbly and we had fresh flowers in the lounge area. There was also a fridge with drinks but no price list. It was not until we received our bill for drinks and extra trips that we realised the drinks in the fridge were complimentary! We had even bought wine ourselves during excursions to keep in the fridge to drink to alleviate expenses!
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins