3. Norwegian Dawn
Keep in mind that for a first time cruiser, I did not know what to expect or even what to look for in a cruise so my opinions may be skewed since I do not have any other cruise to compare this one to but even so I had a WONDERFUL time on the Norwegian Dawn and I felt that it was a great cruise for my first time. When I was initially booking a cruise, I had no idea what to look for in terms of ports or ships. I figured since I would not be able to tell the difference (it being my first cruise) I decided to look for the cheapest option. Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda was what I came up with and I'm glad I did! I went with my girlfriend and we had initially booked an inside stateroom but through the upgrade program was able to get an ocean-view for close to nothing. It was well worth the cost and being able to wake up to natural lighting and seeing the ship leave and arrive to ports while in the comfort of your room was a good experience. The room itself was adequate for the two of us but probably no more than that. Our steward came by fairly often whenever we left and cleaned up our room 2-3 times a day. The ship was big enough for us that we were able to explore and familiarize with all the locations but small in the fact that it would get boring past 7 days knowing where everything was. The ship itself seemed crowded at times while at sea. Some venues such as the lounge areas or the pool and hot tubs were almost always occupied even late at night. That being said, whenever we dropped by any of the dining areas, we never had to wait. The food itself was good but not amazing. They had a wide variety of choices that changed every day that also catered to vegetarians with some gluten-free choices. The entertainment on the ship was great. Even though the ship only had one real theatre venue, they were able to spread to other areas on the ship such as the lounges. There were plenty of activities to do for all ages and we wish we had more time to see them all! For a first time cruiser, this cruise was particularly good in that it stayed in Bermuda for two nights which allowed us to feel less rushed when exploring. They offered a wide variety of shore excursions to choose from that ranged from different activity levels that all ages could enjoy. We expected prices to be steep but they were offering round trip bus rides to the beach that were almost three times what the locals were offering for the SAME service! One excursion we took included a tour to the Crystal Caves and the Bermuda Aquarium, Zoo and Museum. We enjoyed the tour but it was NOT well organized at ALL. It took them almost half an hour to arrange the taxis to drive the different groups to the caves and once we arrived we had to wait an additional 20 minutes to wait for the first group to do their tour of the caves before we could start. All in all this meant that once we arrived to the Bermuda Aquarium, Zoo and Museum, we only had 40 minutes to explore all 3 different locations! This was the biggest smudge on the cruise experience and I recommend anyone taking a cruise to Bermuda to just book things yourself. Bermuda is a huge tourist location and it is easy to walk off the ship and find tours that you can probably book for cheaper. Overall, we both had a good time and it definitely changed my outlook on cruising!

Great time for a first cruise! But beware excursions...

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by ABCDash

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

ABCDash’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OB
For two people, I had no major complaints about the room. Going in, I expected the worse but was relieved to find that it was spacious enough for the both of us but definitely would have been crowded with any more than that. There was one outlet in the room conveniently placed by the desk next to the well powered hair dryer. The minibar was compact but there were no issues with storing our water bottles in them.

I possibly only have two minor complaints which would be that the TV was small and no larger than 26 inches which made viewing from the bed difficult. The second being that the walls are somewhat thin and you can hear snoring, conversations, and even the TV from other rooms.

Everything else seemed to be fairly standard, lots of hooks and hangars for clothes, ample amount of mirrors, hand held shower head, and a safe for valuables. Overall, very adequate.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins