3. Grand Celebration
After two days of driving with stops in Charlotte N.C to pick up grandchildren and Ormond Beach Florida, we arrived at the Port of Palm Beach Sunday around 11:00 am. We were instructed which line was for valet parking. Gave the keys to the valet and $36 for two days parking. The cruise was for me, two grandchildren, my friend Cherry, my friend Angie, her husband and grandson. This was my fifth cruise, two on Carnival, one Royal Caribbean and one on Norwegian. My grandchildren's fourth, Cherry's third and Angie, her husband, and grandson's first. Embarkation was Ok because you have to take your luggage inside the building to have it checked also, you had to take your carryon with you because the rooms were not ready until 2:00 pm. Disembarkation had very long lines if you didn't have a passport. Although my Cherry had a passport she had to stand in the non-passport line. Angie and her husband had passport cards but had to stand in line for over an hour because her grandson did not have one. We thought about getting a Groupon but since my friend didn't know much about it we booked directly with Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line. The cost was a little over two hundred for each of each. I was well aware of the extra fees, gratuities, and Port of Palm charge. We have rooms next door to each other, four in one room and three in the other R30 and R34. The rooms were nice size and serve the purpose of restful sleep. A few noisy neighbors but it calmed down later in the night. The food was excellent. We went to the buffet and main dining room. The menu offered the regular prime rib and salmon with a surcharge for lobster and a few other items. The bar-b-que while the ship was in Freeport Harbor was the best meal of all with ribs, brisket, pulled pork, with potato salad, slaw and other picnic foods. We were surprised to see how far Freeport had not recovered from the hurricane last year. We took the beach and shopping trip. We paid $20 per person to go to Tanio Beach. It cost $3 per person to get in which was fine because we had the use of the facilities, which were very clean. Lots of chairs, food and drinks for purchase and overall a beautiful beach. The shows were good except the comedian was not funny. My grandchildren loved karaoke on the main deck. There were two pools and a hot tub, all were small, but the children loved them. My friend's grandson went to the children's club and enjoyed it. I liked the fact you had to sign your children in and out. All and all it was a great getaway and I would do it again if I am in the area visiting.

Good cruise

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by tch912

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas

tch912’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line Grand Celebration price drops

Cabin R34
Good space for 4 people with lots of storage. Shower was great and the shower gel was one of best I have used on vacation.