3. Carnival Legend
First off- This was our first cruise

Pros: Beautiful ship, food was EXCELLENT (except for pizza and ceaser salads), Comedians were hillarious, open seating dining option, ports of call were AMAZING

Cons: Hearing slamming of chairs at 7AM from our cabin on deck 8 - The cruise charging to take ANY class in the gym (ex: $12 for spin class, $10 for yoga, etc.) - $22 for an 8x10 picture (when you know it costs them 10 cents to print!) - A glass of wine cost me over $10 and the other drinks are outrageously priced - You can buy a soda card for $40 that is unlimited, however when you do order the sodas 95% of the staff are annoyed with you and eventually ignore you simply because they aren't getting an automatic gratuity (Funny, I would of still tipped them if they were actually friendly!) - My steward didn't do anything for us except have an animal towel on our bed and when he saw us he never asked what our name was even though Carnival "raves" about how your stewards always call you by name. Never asked him for a SINGLE thing, yet his tip was automatically taken out of our account. On the last day, he saw us and walked right by us and never even said good bye. - The "Shops at Rodeo" are anything BUT "Rodeo like" ( I lived in LA and know the real Rodeo Drive!) No designer shops, only one gift shop (sells bottles of booze), a candy shop, and a jewelry/perfume shop. All the shops are pretty lame. Any bottles of booze you buy you cannot even have until they deliver it the night before your return home. They do this as another way of forcing you to pay for their over priced drinks!

Tips: - Bring your own booze! You can pack a couple of bottles in your suitcase, but it cannot be in a carry on luggage. - If you want soda to mix with your booze, either bring some soda or buy ONE soda card. It says you can only have one soda at a time, but my husband and I both used it and just went to different bars for each one. The card also includes juice. - Dont book a room on deck 8 unless you want to hear the slamming of lounge charis like clockwork at 7AM! - If you go to Cozumel, don't do the zipline excursion! It sucks and is not what Carnival makes it out to be. Total waste of $180 - Choose open seating dining option. We loved being able to eat when we wanted and having the option of dining by ourselves.

Overall: It was a good first cruise, but would definitely like to try a different cruise line and do things differently. The excursions were amazing and were the highlight of the trip.

Learning Experience