Viking Magni Cruise Review

Viking Magni Cruise Review by SnickersSiri

• Sail Date: Apr 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

We wanted to see the Tulips and the Flower Festival. The weather turned out to be terrible, we had rain, hail, cold, winds... even the guides commented about the weather. Husband came down with pneumonia and the staff and crew offered NO HELP. I had to complain and complain to get them to take me to a pharmacy in town on the last day or so before we finished the cruise.

River cruises, according to what we were told by Viking, have no medical facilities on board, not even aspirin or cold medications. Because they are so close to towns they say they don't need to. I disagree.

He came home to a case of double pneumonia and had to be on antibiotics for two rounds. Not only that but each time we docked we were either up against another ship or up against a rusty pier and could not use our veranda for which we paid extra.

Worst cruise I have ever been on. The excursion were fine except for walking in pouring rain. the people we met were fun. But as far as the staff - no thank you.

I have a credit waiting for me to be used on a future Viking cruise and will not use it.

SnickersSiri's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 211

Cabin was fine; but we couldn't use our veranda that we paid extra for as the ship docked next to another ship or next to the rusty piers which made it very unpleasant to sit out on the veranda.

Food was not authentic to the area we were in...we went to restaurants and ordered native food, food on ship supposed to be native but not.

SnickersSiri