• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Carnival Pride Review

Editor Rating
6 Awards

I can't believe I spent $2700 for this cruise!!

Review for Carnival Pride to the Eastern Caribbean
nurseneale
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Aug 2009
Cabin:
Traveled with children

We chose this cruise because the port was within driving distance to where we live. My daughter-in-law's parents are in their eighties. One is in a wheelchair because he has had a leg amputated and he is diabetic but in otherwise good health. His wife is on continuous oxygen due to a lung disease.

The trip to Baltimore was unremarkable and the boarding process was okay. We all had balcony rooms (this was the best thing about the cruise-I loved having coffee or wine on the balcony) The beds were very comfortable and I slept like a baby every night. The cabin steward was very friendly and very accomodating.

The first problem was when we booked the cruise we requested early seating for dinner at 6pm. The carnival personnel did not say "THIS IS ONLY A REQUEST" which we were told when we arrived on the ship and were assigned to 8:15 dining. You can't expect 2 80+ year olds to each dinner at 8:15p.m.! Well after much adieu, and the help of Andrea the maitre'd, on the 3rd day we finally got it changed to early seating. Whew!

Cabin 8202-nice balcony cabin on 8th floor. Super comfy bed. Shower pressure good. Ample closet space. Small TV. NO COFFEE MAKER!

Port Reviews

Grand Turk

Grand Turk was first stop. We did not take any excursions. Just stayed at the port with the small shopping area. They had great prices on liquer and cigarettes. The kids enjoyed the pool at Margaritaville.

Freeport

Next stop was Freeport. What a waste of time! Mostly many little 6x6 tents with everyone selling the same thing. 3 teeshirts of $10 and hair weaving. I took a taxi to the "town" Consisted of about 5 rows of shops-upscale jewelry shops mixed with a few bars and more tee-shirts.

Find a Carnival Pride Cruise from $399