3. Seabourn Encore
I have sailed with Seabourn many times and loved it, so I was looking forward to the newest-largest-most luxurious ship in the fleet. Unfortunately, the ship did not meet Seabourn's standard for service. A number of the crew were "old hands" who we knew from previous cruises, and they were outstanding. A larger number seemed not to know their jobs; it was as if they were in training, but without supervision. Service was extremely slow and amateurish in the Restaurant. Deck hands seemed to delight in making noise at all hours of the day and night, washing windows when guests were on the balconies, and other inconveniences. The cabin was excellent in design, but noisy. We were on Deck 8, just under the pool bar, and heard sounds of furniture being moved and mechanical sounds from 6 a.m. 'til midnight. Then squeaks and rattles from the bulkheads took over! Entertainment was variable. The ships orchestra and singers were excellent, but the guest entertainers fairly mediocre. Shore excursions were generally overpriced and comprised of bus rides with guides who spoke constantly but said nothing...but that is typical of other ships and cruise lines too! I will sail again with Seabourn, but not on Encore. Friends have had the same experience as I. I prefer the smaller ships in the fleet.

Disappointed

miatango’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seabourn Encore price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin V6 845
The noise level was unacceptable: we were directly beneath the pool bar and heard thumping noises fro above at all hours. Also, bulkheads and doors squeaked and rattled
even with towels or paper wedge in.
Deck 11 Suite Cabins