• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Ventura Review

Editor Rating
12 Awards

P & O Cruises does it again!

Review for Ventura to the Western Mediterranean
DazzaO
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jun 2017
Cabin: Inside Twin with Shower
A beautiful sunset in the Mediterranean.
Malcolm Pitt as Lionel Richie in the Havanna.
Being artistic.
Russian Billionaire's playthings - Andrei Melnichenko's Super Motor
Russian Billionaire's playthings - Andrei Melnichenko's Super Yacht
A monkey from Gibraltar watching the Ventura.

We chose this cruise as we went on a 7 day cruise for the first time last August on P & O's Britannia and we decided there and then that we would do the Mediterranean this year and as we had such excellent treatment with P & O Cruises, we would use them again.

Our cruise had seven ports of call and seven sea days and every part of it was wonderful, from the crew, waiters and waitresses, entertainers, chefs, cabin steward and shore excursions, the whole deal was perfect!

On our arrival back at Southampton, I said that I could gladly do the same cruise again as each of the ports of call, you could visit and see something totally new the next time. It was our first visit to Italy and our excursions to Rome, Sorrento and Pompeii were stunning.

Inside Twin with Shower

Cabin OA

It was actually an Inside Queen bed with Shower (PA), which was very comfortable and the bed was wonderful, we both had great night's sleep due to it's comfort.

As we expected the shower and toilet was a bit on the small side, but pefectly adequate for what we needed, due to the amount of time you actually spend in your cabin.

Ramesh, our cabin steward always kept it immaculate and there was plenty of room for my wife's dresses and my suits, however, my trousers did stay in my suitcase and I got them as and when I needed them. The Ventura's inside cabin was smaller than the inside cabin we had on board the Britannia, but it wasn't a problem.

Port Reviews

Southampton

Embarkation was so fast and that was despite having a glitch with the computer systems. It's so easy!

Porto (Leixoes)

There was a free shuttle bus from the port and it was great because it took you right into the city centre. As soon as we got our bearings we went off exploring and then after purchasing a bottle of port we headed back for the ship.

Barcelona

What a beautiful city with stunning buildings. Just be aware of the crowds and pickpockets, but otherwise a brilliant visit. Plenty to see and do.

Cartagena (Spain)

What a hidden delight. We absolutely loved this place, nice shops, brilliant naval museum and so clean and tidy. We will definately come back here.

14 Helpful Votes