River Queen Cruise Review

River Queen Cruise Review by banga1

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Standard Stateroom

I find it difficult to fault this cruise. On all levels the score would be nearly maximum. Staff, food, entertainment, excursions, organisation, flexibility were all excellent. When you take into account that nearly everything is pre-paid, you could literally leave your wallet at home and it compares favourably with some other cruises that appear cheaper untill you add on the the costs that are included here. The pace of the shore excursions catered to people of all abilities from the very fit to those who had limites mobility You could tailor your holiday to your personal needs. If you didn't feel like going ashore, there was enough onboard to satisfy your needs and for those who wanted a more active day, there were trainers and activities to keep you busy. The staff need a special mention because at the final evaluation, they are the people who are going to mould your experince. Every single staff member was falling over themselves to ensure that we had a great time. I would definitely use Uniworld again

banga1's Full Rating Summary

Standard Stateroom
Cabin 3 304

We had originally tried to book a suite on level 4 but got the message that all 4 were booked and we ended up booking a stateroom on level two which was subsequentially upgraded to level 3. I was disappointed on boarding to find that all 4 suites were vacant and that our level 3 room did not have an opening window. Apart from that small problem, everything else was without fault and exceeded my expectations. Unfortunately, I think that it has spoiled me and I will always use this as a tool that I will judge/ measure all future cruises.

Cologne

We arrived in the city the day after a big celebration in Cologne. The streets were filthy with empty bottles, cigarette butts, bottle caps, used condoms. Our first instinct was to go back to the boat but eventually we saw some of the nicer parts of the city.

banga1