3. Emerald Sun
We chose this cruise line because of the itinerary, but also because everything was included in the price. We departed from Amsterdam and disembarked in Nuremberg. Ship is very modern and clean, sleek. Crew was fantastic and one of the highlights of the week! Such fun young people! I felt our room was roomy and loved the drop down picture window! Brought so much fresh air into the room! Food was good (not great). Wine and beer included with lunch & dinner was a very nice touch and wine was delicious! Cruise included tours in each port, normally walking tours. This was nice, but you can only get around as fast as your slowest walker! this we found to be an issue! By end of week they were designating "slower" walking groups, which helped ! I think they should have done that from the start. Group for the older or impaired walkers at every port. Could have used more entertainment in the evenings. The disco night and Name that Tune game was fun...but should have had something every night. Not expecting "shows" like large cruise lines, but a bit of entertainment each night would have been better. Negative: I'm assuming because of high water levels they had to close the upper deck about day 2 for the balance of the cruise. This was very disappointing and I think Emerald ought to warn of this possibility in their write ups a bit more.

Rhine - Main River Cruise

Emerald Sun Cruise Review by KayA1950

We departed from Amsterdam and disembarked in Nuremberg.

Ship is very modern and clean, sleek.

Food was good (not great).

KayA1950’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Sun price drops

Cabin C238
Cabin is good size and nicely appointed. Very modern. Though shower was a bit small for my husband's likes, I found it just fine.