Good time, but not what I was hoping: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by 5cruizin

Carnival Ecstasy 3
5cruizin
Member Since 2017
26 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Good time, but not what I was hoping

Sail Date: June 2017
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston
We chose this cruise because it departed from Charleston, SC and was reasonably priced. Embarkation and disembarkation went well due to Faster to the Fun pass. I highly recommend this for anyone that has the opportunity to purchase it! We were on and off the boat without difficulty. The ship was in good condition; our cabin was in a great location. We ate in the main dining room 1 night and the Lido buffet the other nights. We also ate at Guy's Burger, Blue's Iguana Cantina, the pizza bar and deli. The food offered on the buffet appeared to be almost the same as the main dining room and was OK, not great. Guy's Burger and Blue's Iguana tacos was great. There was not enough pizza available, we were always waiting in line for pizza (my 5 yo son's only food he ate while on the ship). My 14 yo daughter didn't like the food and survived on turkey deli sandwiches. The Dr. Seuss breakfast was the best meal we had the entire time. Our biggest concern was that we waited in line all More the time for everything; too many lines! We had to wait in a bar line to get soft drinks instead of having a card reader beverage machine. There were not enough chairs on deck to accommodate the number of people on board. We did not have a dive in movie, like I've read on other ships and were disappointed. The private island, Half Moon Cay, was beautiful but the beverage/cheers package did not work on the island, you had to pay for your drinks.

We didn't like having to get up so early to get off the boat at ports (0600/0630) while on vacation. Service was good and friendly. Didn't like that we only had an option of room cleaning from 0830-1230 or 6pm-9pm. We missed our cleaning 1 day at sea and had to call for towels. Vernon was great and came quickly but we had to ask where in the past if we missed our time it would have been done in the afternoon.

Camp Ocean was wonderful! Our 5 yo went to the group for 6-11 and loved it! They did lots of activities with the kids. My 16 yo loved it, felt free to roam and met lots of people. My 14 yo did not have as much fun. She is not as outgoing and was shy. We both had fun playing BINGO together!! Not sure if we will go on another cruise, if so it will be a while. Less

Published 06/29/17

Cabin review: 6BE186 Ocean View

Great location, clean, no noise.

Read All Ocean View (6B) Reviews >>

Charleston is a beautiful city!

One of the most beautiful islands I have visited. My only critique is that you pay with your sail and sign card but are not able to use Cheers or Bubbles program on the island. Waterpark was also closed due to renovations.

Atlantis

Very large, beautiful hotel. We were not able to see everything due to the time constraints. My 5yo was 1/2" too short to ride the larger slides so we were limited in what we could do. Had lots of fun, just not enough time.
Read 187 Atlantis Reviews