3. Carnival Paradise
My family (including 9yr old and 5 yr old kids) were on the back deck of the ship while the last day at sea and were sprayed with the ship's oil. This is a potentially toxic chemical. Many guests were covered and the entire deck had to be closed. Use this area at your own risk!!!!! We booked this cruise 3 weeks before sailing and were really excited as it was my kids first cruise. We boarded the ship and that all went well. We went directly to the pool and my kids put their bathing suits on. There were lots of people on the deck and the atmosphere was vibrant. Unfortunately there was no prior documentation that you must be 48" to ride the pool slide. My son who is a great swimmer is only 46.5" and was denied regular use of the slide. I did however watch a taller kid ride the slide who couldn't swim and had to be rescued by his mom who jumped in the pool fully clothed. Maybe the requirement should be swim ability.... The excursions were fantastic. We booked the Dolphin Swim in Cozumel prior to the cruise directly with the park and saved a ton of money compared to buying through Carnival. We did the same with our snorkeling tour. We did however book our excursion to the Lost Kingdom park in Costa Maya while on board and had a blast there. The ship is dated but in relatively decent cosmetic condition. There was black staining the corners of the shower (likely mold) as well as the oil issue mentioned above. The working staff was very nice and accommodating... management, not so much.

Sprayed with ship's oil