National Geographic Orion Cruise Review

Why I went to Norway again

National Geographic Orion Cruise Review by LSC13

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: Europe

In all honesty I went on this cruise because of the "freebies". I travel solo so I look for ways I can save money ( or I would travel with you more often). There was no solo supplement, had free air ( although I upgraded), and picked up bar tab and crew tips.

Lindblad/NatGeo is my favorite tour company. I like traveling at sea They have great speakers. They are quite knowledgeable in many areas. I learn a lot about the wildlife and nature in general. All shore excursions are included in the price. Most trips have an emphasis on wild life. We have choices of walks.

The Orion has great food and is very "homey". There aren't too many people. The only thing I would wish for are mikes and head sets so you can hear what a speaker is saying when one is outside walking. It is impossible to hear a speaker without them.

LSC13's Full Rating Summary

Cabin I don't know 306

The cabin was great except for a few things. Why did someone pick up a chair that wouldn't fit under the desk? It was always in my way. it would have been much worse if there had been a second person in the cabin. My suitcase wouldn't fit under the bed.

It had to be a man who put the hairdryer permanently in a desk drawer.

The light by the chair must have been only a 10 watt bulb. A comfortable chair and no reading light. The bulb I brought with me wouldn't fit into the socket.

LSC13