MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review

First sea trip as a passenger

MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review by mikedf

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

I am a marine engineer, worked on ships and tugs my whole life, for once I wanted to be a passenger. As I have spent my life in small cabins the size of the cabins on board did not bother me. The company that I work for have had new tugs built, which also use passenger ship shower/ toilets and on these the shower curtain does not hug you as you turn.

The ship was excellent, cabins I suppose, were normal size.Dining was as you wanted, dress up or not. Always something going on, entertainment laid on was pretty good, info at talks on ports of call were informative. Service, both in cabin and in the restaurants was excellent.

The only complaint I had was with the vouchers purchased. Looking back,I will not buy them again, as each voucher was worth more than the item purchased.

Would I travel by ship again, sure, but not on such a long voyage again. Seven to ten day maximum trips. It does not bother me, but then I have a wife who did not enjoy it, as for her the trip was definitely too long.

mikedf's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin O2 8203

As stated above. I know that the shower/ toilets are purchased as a unit, but i found that the shower was a bit small. Cabin was very good otherwise.

mikedf