3. Star Princess
We chose this cruise with Princess because it stopped at the ports that we were interested in and fit the dates that our granddaughter (14) could travel. Our past cruising experience has been one short trip on Royal Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale and two trips on the Viking Ocean line (Viking Star.) We didn't expect Princess to live up to our experiences on Viking. The cost on Princess was much less. However we anticipated much better quality of food in all dining locations. The pizza was great near the pool and much better than anything in Horizon Court. We found the service in Horizon Court to be very spotty. Tables were not cleaned quickly when there were people waiting for tables. Service in the Amalfi Dining Room was excellent. However, our servers had too many tables to serve and were constantly rushed. I felt sorry for them. We arrived at 5:30 but felt rushed out to get the next seating ready. We spent a lot of time sitting in the Wheelhouse Bar playing cards with our granddaughter. Service there was excellent and prompt. We enjoyed the music as background to game playing both before and after dinner. I found the constant attempt to sell you something very annoying. I'm not a shopper so it was uninteresting to me. Also the furniture throughout the ship was in terrible shape. Hopefully that will all be replaced when the ship goes for refurbishment in December. We obviously chose the wrong ship for our cruise to Alaska. I have heard that the Star is being refurbished in December and that will make a huge difference. We'll continue to cruise but on smaller ships.

Not what we expected

KyOh’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD D519
Space was adequate for three but the couch/bed was stained and ripped. Great linens. Bathroom needed to be ripped out. Size was okay.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins