3. Norwegian Jade
We have been on most of the major cruise lines . Celebrity is our favorite with Norwegian a close 2nd . Celebrity is a little more upscale where Norwegian is more relaxed but still a solid cruise . Norwegian takes a chance with its design . The Jades main dining room is a knockout . Wood panel walls and artful lighting . Gauguin like paintings fill the dining room . You feel your eating in a 1920 social club . The food is good enough . A little hit and miss . You will wish the steak was a better cut of meat but still enjoy your dinning experience . I like the relax "I can wear jeans to dinner approach" . This approach works well after a full day of sight seeing and you do not have the energy to dress up . We had a two bed room suite . Its great for a family of 4 . Our girls loved the kids room with a lower double size bed and a bunk . Our master room had a queen . Flat screen T.V. . We could of closed our Master bedroom off from the girls with a heavy door but we choose not too . The Walk in shower was roomy with a great view of the sea . The girls like the oversized tub . Over all this was the best room we ever had on any ship . A very nice perk of the suite is you have breakfast and lunch in a smaller private dinning room . The food was really good . Fresh waffles , French toast made to order . The girls loved the hot chocolate . The Service in the private dinning room was very detailed and personal . I give Norwegian very high marks on the suite dinning . The Suite comes with a Butler . My one big complaint was him . We saw him twice the whole cruise . Our suite was not in the Haven area . I think this is where he must of spent most of his time . I was more sad then mad about him not being around . It would of been nice . I did not tip the Butler . The Jade is a big ship but not a Mega ship . The shows were good . The cast of singers and dancers worked over many nights in different roles . Over the 9 nights of the cruise you feel you know each singer and dances strengths and weakness . Last year we were on the Mega ship Allure of the Sea . The shows on the Mega ship were grand but not personal . You have more choices on the mega ships but you give up the "homely" feel . On the Jade I felt like I was at a resort instead of a Mall . We sailed from Southampton to Norway . We never did a ship Shore excursion not because we did not want to but due to they were mostly sold out . This worked out to be a blessing since we did most everything we wanted was 1/2 the price on our own . Norway is Beautiful . Never have I seen so many water falls . The mountains are tall and rough on top with very green wet farms in the valley . Picture perfect . Would we go on Norwegian again ? . Norwegian Cruise are not perfect but they are so easily going and relaxed . You are going the be excited by the ports and happy with the amount of time spend at each port . I like the down to earth people the Cruise line attracts . People have glass of wine and sing at the piano bar , but never too much or too loud . Norwegian does a really good job and I am happy to sail on her ships again and again .

Jade - Relaxed and easly going