Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review

Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by tomAber

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Suite

We just returned from our voyage from Alaska and I have to say it was very disappointing. We have been on 3 other Regent Cruises and all have been excellent. Let me start out by saying the crew, food and accommodations where excellent. We are a silver member and did not receive one ship credit which I found a little discouraging to begin with.

Regarding our voyage we booked all our excursions which 4 of them we could not enjoy due to cancellations. I know that weather was a factor however Regent should take into consideration when offering these excursions. Also by the time we found out about the cancellation it was to late to book another tour which caused us to be on the ship more than we would have liked. We had paid extra for these excursions and as of yet we have not seen them credited to our account which we where told that they would go back on our credit card. .

In addition due to bad weather and winds we could not dock at Victoria which we had paid for another excursion and therefore it was not attainable instead all we did was spend another 2 days on the ship circling an island and weathering the seas. I realize this was a safety decision and the captain did inform us this mainly due to the fact of it might cause delay in getting out that evening and to our final destination into Vancouver to disembark to make our flights. It just seemed like the circling around the unknown Island about 8 times waiting for the next day to dock, then missing our flight, paying extra to get out of Canada, was a total kick in the teeth.

However we still missed our flights that I had booked through Regent because of getting late to the dock and transfer to the airport by Regent as well. Due to missing our flight it cost us a additional $385.00 for a same day change fee which we where not expecting.

With all this in mind I am going to think twice about booking another cruise with Regent and recommending to friends and family.

tomAber's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Suite
Cabin F 737

Clean, neat, simple but comfortable. No American TV, only soccer, this was during the NBA playoffs in May. No real other complaints on the room. The cleaning staff were excellent, hard working and friendly

tomAber