3. Carnival Dream
Our group of 10 (3 separate families) had a wonderful VACATION on the Carnival Dream! I capitalized the word VACATION because our cruise captured the essence of the word. There was no cooking, no cleaning, no cramped calendar to follow... It was fabulous. Each family in our group had different interests, so it was easy to separate and do what we wanted without feeling like we were leaving other family members behind. There is literally something for everyone on board, and it was lovely to reconvene together each evening for dinner. DINNER needs a paragraph of its own. If you don't eat in the dining room each evening (or at least most of them), you are missing out on a key part of the cruise experience on this ship. The food is incredible, the service is impeccable and the staff is so lovable. Our wait staff team (Toviik, Ramone and Jacob) quickly became more than just waiters to us. They were attentive, kind and funny, and they formed relationships with every person in the group, aged 11-70. Go ahead... Try the escargot! Have another lobster tail! Order two desserts! We enjoyed every meal together with our new friends.

It was our first cruise, and it won't be our last!

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by imabeliever27

imabeliever27’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin 6M 1330
Our cabin was roomy, clean and comfortable. While the window in our room was big enough for two of us to sit in, we will be booking a balcony next time so that I can have my coffee delivered in the morning and enjoy the open air while the kids are still snoozing. The double bathroom floor plan was a fantastic surprise! Two sinks and two showers in two separate rooms were Godsends for a family of four in one cabin.

Mario, our steward, was warm, friendly and funny! He knew our names right away and was genuinely committed to making sure we were happy and comfortable. He even found some super glue for my daughter! What a dear person. I think about him often and smile when I think of him and our dinner team seeing their families again after such a long stint on the ship.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Private Resort Day Pass
    My family of four, which included a 15yo girl and an 11yo boy, had a super fun DAY AT THE BEACH at Mr. Sancho's private beach resort. This excursion was a good value for the price of admission. We were able to find beach chairs right away, and our waiter was prompt and courteous. He kept the drinks flowing (water, virgin dacquiris and not-so-virgin dacquiris!), and the food was sooo yummy! How nice that we could stay on the beach and order what we wanted from the menu. The roped-off inflatables were NOT included in the price, which was disappointing, but we paid the extra $12pp and found it worth the extra expense. We also spent a little time in the pool and ordered more food and drink at the swim up bar. There were a few intoxicated folks there, which is understandable, so if you'd like to avoid drunkenness with your family, maybe stay on the beach instead.

It was an easy and inexpensive cab ride to and from the resort, and we encountered no problems getting back to the boat in plenty of time without feeling like we'd rushed through our day. The four of us had a wonderful "beach" day experience here at Mr. Sancho's Beach Resort. Recommended!
    View All 181 Private Resort Day Pass Reviews
  • Scuba - Beginner
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!
    This was by far our favorite day of our week-long cruise! Our family of four (mom, dad, girl 15 and boy 11) arrived at the Divers Down dive shop (which was only a 5 minute walk from the pier) earlier than expected and asked if we could dive sooner than scheduled. They were able to move us up a little, so while we waited, we played in the little cove that was adjacent to the shop. After we dove, we had an amazing lunch just across the cove, where we got a discount referral from Divers Down. Try the curry cheese fries, conch fritters and locally brewed ale!

The dive itself was five stars all the way. Our dive master, a handsome, friendly British chap, gave confident, adequate instruction as he got the four of us ready for our dive. It was so nice to have this experience all to ourselves as a family, with no one else in the group! I was concerned about my kids, since this was their first diving experience, but I am a diver from way back, and I wanted my husband and the kids to love it, too. THEY DO, and we can't wait to take a week-long dive trip to the Caymans! We entered the water easily off the pier and immediately swam out to the floating dock, where we submerged for the first time. The five of us sank to the bottom where we did a few final drills (mask clearing, etc), and then we were off. We explored some reefs, a wreck and the ocean floor at a maximum depth of 35 feet, and we saw all kinds of colorful fish, urchins and more. My kids did GREAT! THUMBS UP ALL THE WAY!

After lunch, instead of exploring the island, we borrowed snorkels and masks so that we could continue playing in our own little "private" cove next to the dive shop until time to re-board the ship. It was a relaxed, memorable, super fun day for my family, which was a welcome change from the sometimes crowded boat and other excursions.
    View All 13 Scuba - Beginner Reviews
  • Bobsled Tour
    The 1.5 hour bus ride each way through Jamaica was interesting but long. The driver and guide were fabulous, though, and kept the passengers engaged.

At the bobsled location, the ride on the chair lift was nice. The bobsled (mountain coaster) ride was fun but brief. It would have been nice to do it twice without an extra charge. Our gourmet lunch of jerk chicken and rice was absolutely delicious. The local dancers who performed during lunch are so talented and fun to watch! This part of the excursion was not crowded at all. I wish we'd had more time to look around and do some light shopping after the ride and lunch, but we had to get to Dunn's River Falls rather quickly.
    View All 9 Bobsled Tour Reviews
  • Dunn's River Falls
    Dunn's River Falls was so crowded. My family and I DID NOT enjoy holding hands with our group like a bunch of kindergarten kids at the zoo, and we DID NOT enjoy weaving through what seems like 500 people on the falls themselves. It was a "canned" experience, with our guides telling us to say "Yah, mon" at every turn and running us through the assembly line. We didn't want to act silly in front of our accompanying videographer and then pay $40 for a DVD of us looking a little bewildered while everyone around us did their duty and yelled "Yah mon" on cue. This place is beautiful, and we'd love to explore it with a small group without being rushed through the gamut in our little line. There are much better excursion options than this one.
    View All 29 Dunn's River Falls Reviews
  • New Orleans
    We spent a day and a half exploring New Orleans before our cruise. What a fun experience for the group! Loved the food, music and culture, although there were a few sights here and there that our kids hadn't seen before. ;)
    View All 620 New Orleans Cruise Port Reviews