3. Carnival Victory
NEVER AGAIN! May 15th -19th of this year (2017), My girlfriend and I decided to celebrate my birthday on Carnival, BUT, had a terrible experience on Carnival Victory. 1st, the stench of sewage was on every floor and lasted for the entire 4 day cruise to Key West and Cozumel. We spoke to the Guest Services Manager and were told there was nothing that could be done about the smell and that it happens on EVERY ship on EVERY cruise line. (we've been on 3 Norwegian cruises before this and did not smell sewage ever. Not even once.) He proceeded to tell us that if the smell was to bad for us, we could fly back home from Cozumel at our own expense!! GTFOH! Anyways, the smell was the worst on the 9th floor a.k.a. Lido Deck, which happens to be the same deck that the main buffet is on. Smell the sewage while getting food = contaminated food. No surprise both my girlfriend and I caught a virus that could not be medicated and had to run its course. This was confirmed by the E.R. when we returned home. We went to the medical center on the ship to show them that we were both ill and they would ONLY give us Tylenol and Asprin for A FEE! After a nurse confirmed my 102degree temperature, the receptionist at the medical center was beyond rude and made a point to explain that the smell on the ship is normal and was not something they are concerned with. With the exception of 4 specific crew members, the entire crew was rude, and at times condescending when we tried to express our concerns. On night 3, we were both woken up around 4:30a.m. to the nice, warm aroma of feces in our room. Literally smelled like someone took a dump on my face. We went outside for some fresh air just to be greeted by the fresh, morning aroma of varnish the deck hands were applying to all of the outdoor handrails. We purchased the Bottomless Bubbles (unlimited soda) which was a waste. While boarding, we noticed some guests bringing their own 24 packs of soda onto the ship. We were told we could not bring our own soda onto the ship until we actually boarded! Once on board we were told we can bring 1 24 pack of soda per person on the ship. We paid $29 for the unlimited soda package when we could have kept that and spent $1.99 for 24 sodas at a Wal-Mart. But we bought the soda package. SMH! And get this, I went to the bar to get a soda and was charged 18 cents!!! WTF?!?! I inquired about the charge and was told that soda is only free for those who have the unlimited soda package ONCE YOU'RE IN INTERNATIONAL WATERS! We couldn't see the Florida Coast and were told we were not quite in international waters. Free soda package and still paying for soda. The lines to the buffet were WAAAAYYYYYY long. Your best bet is to hit the buffet at times when most others have already eaten. Did I mention the smell of raw sewage on the buffet line? Think about this......if you smell something, i.e. raw sewage, that means particles from the sewage itself, small enough to be airborne are not only in the air.........but ALSO ON YOUR FOOD!!!!! This is not my opinion, this is a proven fact. Apparently the amount of fecal matter on your food is in such small quantities, that it has been deemed "safe" by whatever authority handles this specific issue. So you ARE EATING RAW SEWAGE! Any idea why BOTH my girlfriend and I caught a virus that had us miserable to the point that we couldn't enjoy anything? This was not only supposed to be a birthday cruise for myself, but also an anniversary cruise for my girlfriend and I. I know people usually rush to spill the beans on bad experiences and leave out the positive so without further adeu... The positives = every time we were off the ship. In closing......This is a cruise line. When people have terrible experiences on a cruise line, REST ASSURED you will NOT be contacted by the cruise line and offered anything to make up for the poor experience in attempt to show you that they really can provide you with a positive and awesome vacation. Remember, you are only one person - or party - and you are not "the masses". We are just two people, Carnival has shown us that they care ONLY about the masses.... which is where majority of their revenue comes from and they do not care about the "every - now - and - then" bad experience. After all it's about the bottom line right? Should you choose to cruise with Carnival Victory, cruise at your own risk and enjoy the food :-)

Enjoy the Sewage!

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by bigbensf

The positives = every time we were off the ship.

bigbensf’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 2296
The Cabin Was quite spacious which was a surprise. The smell of raw sewage was throughout the entire ship. Including our cabin.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins