3. Columbus
My wife and I chose a cruise with Cruise and Maritime on the Columbus embarking at London Tilbury . The Columbus is the latest addition to their fleet, indeed on the 11 June 2017 it was the inauguration having had a refit.The cruise was a 3 day cruise going to Amsterdam and Antwerp. We were really looking forward to this short cruise having been before on the Magellan which was very enjoyable. It soon became evident however that there were serious problems with the ship.On approach to our cabin the corridor was flooded.On entering the cabin it seemed very pleasant. On using the toilet I found the toilet did not flush.It was reported 3 times but nothing was rectified.The following morning and already under way the toilet then overflowed and flooded the whole bathroom area.It wasn't until day 2 of the cruise that we were able to use the bathroom facilities.Having spoken to about 16 other people it was discovered that the problem had affected a large amount of cabins. All the food was very bland and tasteless and repairs and painting were being carried out on deck for 2 days.On arrival at Amsterdam there appeared to be little organisation in getting people off the ship.It took us 50 minutes as hundreds were in the queue.A very big thumbs down from me.Will stick with P and O in future.

Cruise Nightmare Columbus.

Columbus Cruise Review by philandlynne

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Europe

philandlynne’s Full Rating Summary
Get Columbus price drops

The cabin would have been fine but a host of problems with broken toilet and flooding problems.