3. Navigator of the Seas
My husband and I cruised on Harmony of the Seas for our honeymoon last summer and were so impressed that we booked this cruise in October, based on a special offer on the company's website; however this offer wasn't actually honoured for whatever reason (according to the website advert, full beverage package and wifi were supposed to be included, but they were mysteriously absent from my booking without me realising - why would I, as far as I was concerned, I booked a package deal, I had no way of knowing anything otherwise!) Upon boarding the ship, I was immediately struck by how much smaller and shabbier the ship was, compared to Harmony - fair enough, it IS older and smaller, I just hadn't realised just how much smaller it would be. The cabin is very small, but adequate. Our stateroom attendant was very attentive but the room itself is a bit shabby and dusty looking. We mainly ate in The Windjammer because I'd pre-booked 8.30 dining time and we were usually hungry before then, so only ate in the Dining Room twice - it was lovely both times. The Windjammer food, in my opinion, looks great but tastes bland; a lot of it just salty without there being much flavour of anything from it. I eat meat very very rarely, so tried the pasta and rice dishes, which looked good, but just tasted of nothing!! And the actual vegetables on offer are very sparse; many nights I would only see literally one dish of vegetables; maybe 2; something like sliced carrots and sweetcorn in one dish, and green beans featured quite a bit. The age demographic was old. (we are aged 36 & 40, so we're not young party animals!) It took til Day 5 before I found a seat anywhere on the central promenade, and at that point, we'd already felt obliged to give our seats up twice to older guests - once for the emergency drill and once in the Windjammer. As a result, I feel like the entertainment was probably tailored to the older crowd and even in the karaoke and nightclub, the DJ was terrible - just terrible! The ports of call were fantastic, Oslo is expensive; when we got off the ship, it was raining so everyone dashed to the souvenir shops in the port to buy umbrellas and hats,all of which cost around 10 euros each. We bought 2 coffees and 1 hotdog to take away from a shop and it came to about 15 euros. It is a lovely city! Copenhagen is colourful and pretty, Helsinki is interesting and friendly, St. Petersburg is absolutely magnificent, Tallinn is quaint and Brugges is beautiful. The port days were brilliant, but the sea days were long, cold, wet and windy. You can't spend much time outdoors, so it gets very irritating on the Royal Promenade with so many guests squashed together indoors all day.

Beautiful ports of call but days at sea were monotonous and very cold

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by newlywed40