3. Adventure of the Seas
This is our 4th cruise with Royal Caribbean. We have done the western itinerary twice & the Eastern once. We really wanted to do the Southern Caribbean so we chose this itinerary on the Adventure of the Seas. First time in that class & it is not that much different than the Freedom Class of ships - biggest size difference we noticed was in the pool area. We loved this itinerary as it hit so many ports (St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Kitts, Barbados & St. Lucia - well it was supposed to & I will get to that......). That itinerary was worth the extra cost to fly into Puerto Rico for that experience - & we did fly in a day early. Embarkation went VERY quickly (was surprised after reading some of the reviews). We were on the ship by noon & were able to enjoy the day even though the ship does not leave until 8:30pm. They staggered times starting with the 10th floor so we were first - that may have helped. I had read that the Adventure was in dry dock getting revamped but was not completed due to weather. Was a bit worried about the state of the ship, but had I not read this I wouldn't have known. It was as clean & gorgeous as every other ship we have been on. I had also read other reviews that the food was not so good. Not sure what they were referring to. Same great dining experience as we have always experienced with RCI. We were in cabin 1692 - which is an aft stateroom (we always try to get those - they are the best) with a balcony. There were 4 of us - husband, 13 y/o, 9 y/o & myself. The room is very comfortable for all of us. So back to the itinerary. Less than a day before embarking we got an email from RCI that they were substituting Martinique (boo) for St. Lucia because the dredging wasn't done. They told us that they just found out that day, but I saw reviews on here from a month prior saying the same thing happened. I get that they could not control the dredging but it was very poor for them to wait until the last minute & we had even booked an excursion for St. Lucia the week prior even though they knew we would not be going there. Very disappointing - it was the 1 low of the trip. One other thing about this itinerary - it is the FIRST time ever that we were the ONLY ship in EVERY SINGLE PORT! HUGE BONUS!!!! We did one excursion on St. Kitts - the 4x4 Island Safari & Beach (KT94) which is done through Greg's Safaris. It was amazing. We went on a 4x4 off the beaten path. Looped through the rainforest & up to "Paradise Level" which is 1000 feet above sea level & had great panoramic views with some awesome rum punch!. Saw some green monkeys eating mangoes in the rainforest . Also hit some other amazing views on the other side of the island (esp. Timothy Hill) before beach time at Friar's Bay. Overall, though, we found the cost of excursions has gotten pretty pricey & that is without including a meal where in the past they would. So the other ports we did on our own. We felt very safe doing so. Everything else was excellent. It is a real pleasure to cruise RCI. We heard that they are going to be moving the Freedom down to do this itinerary. That is our favorite ship - I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Awesome Southern Caribbean Itinerary on a beautiful ship

Ages 7 to 9
Ages 13 to 15

Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D1 1692
This is a room that was revamped. It is Aft so it is larger & fits a family of 4 nicely. Not cramped at all. Beautiful view from the large, private balcony.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins