3. Black Watch
My daughter chose this cruise for me because I have wanted to see the Norwegian Fjords for many, many years and thought I had 'missed the boat' so to speak. I have just returned home having spent the last seven days in heaven! Everything surpassed my expectations. I embarked at Dover which is only an hour's drive from my home and everything went really smoothly. It was the same with disembarkation. I loved Black Watch as it wasn't too vast. We were thrilled with our cabin which was decorated in soft colours. There was plenty of room for the mountain of clothes we had brought with us and we didn't have to fight over wardrobe space! The dining room was spacious, the food delicious and the staff all extremely efficient and friendly. The Maitre d' was second to none - a lovely personality and very hard-working, but showed an obvious love of his job. There were so many things to do that we found it impossible to cover everything. Well done Fred. Olsen, it means we will have to return for another cruise. There was plenty of entertainment on board to suit all tastes and we covered most things. The highlight for me was Dennis who played and sang beautifully. The service could not be faulted in any way. The young lady who looked after our cabin did so beautifully and was always smiling (Jamison). The service from the bar staff and dining room staff was also excellent. We took an excursion to Flam and did the railway journey which was spectacular - wouldn't have missed it for anything. We also took an excursion to Greig's home in Bergen. Just wish we had been able to spend a bit more time there. This was my first ever cruise and I would love to think that I could repeat the experience. I shall have to start saving up! I was particularly impressed by the fact that people with disabilities were able to enjoy this marvellous mode of travel. Thank you so much for everything.

The Magnificent Fjords

Black Watch Cruise Review by Jenny Marsden

Thank you so much for everything.
Jenny Marsden’s Full Rating Summary
Get Black Watch price drops

Outside Cabin
Cabin D 3070
We loved our cabin. I was unable to say whether this cruise was value for money as I did not pay for it - my daughter treated me. But as far as I am concerned I have no complaints whatsoever.
  Black Watch Deck Plans

• City Tour
    We took this trip to visit Greig's house. The house and garden were lovely as was the concert hall where we heard a beautiful pianist. There wasn't enough time there for us to see the museum. Would rather have had more time there than touring around Bergen. We had enough time to tour Bergen on our own after the trip.
    View All 117 City Tour Reviews
  • Eidfjord
    This was a sweet little place and we took a ride in the bus which took us up high so that we had a good view of the fjord. We also visited the fiddle museum and had a chat with the owner who was very interesting.
    View All 182 Eidfjord Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Eidfjord Cruise Port Review
  • Flam Railway
    Lovely train. Spectacular views. A definite must for everyone - quite brilliant.
    View All 193 Flam Railway Reviews