3. Columbus
This was our fourth cruise with Cruise and Maritime and we have another booked on Astoria (a lovely old ship). We booked this short break as a taster of their newly refurbished flagship and had this been our first cruise with the Company I don't think we would have booked another. A first trip we expected some hiccups and the first one was a computer problem which meant some people couldn't get into their cabins was probably to be expected annoying though it is (I had three cruise cards none of which worked properly). Our main grievance was the food. I have responded to several reviews about the company's catering pointing out that it is always well cooked and with six course dinners etc. how much do you want to eat!! On this occasion the catering was nowhere need the standard of the other ships. In both the restaurant and the buffet they seemed to find keeping food hot too much of a challenge. The service in the restaurant (we only used it once was appalling. The first sitting was at 5.45 and we were there on time and ordered promptly We left at 8.20 having had to return two meals because they were cold. we understand from other passengers that there was little improvement. At the first breakfast we complained that all the so called hot food was cold. Even the plates from the hot plate stands were cold. I think we acted as salesmen for the Company in telling dissatisfied first voyagers that none of this was typical. We have sailed on Marco Polo, Magellan and Astoria and always had a great time.

COLUMBUS' FIRST VOYAGE

Columbus Cruise Review by Crouchsailor

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Europe

Crouchsailor’s Full Rating Summary
Get Columbus price drops

Beautifully clean, roomy, quiet. Loads of storage very good toilet and shower compartment. Could not fault it.