Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by bigfrank

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Large Interior Stateroom

we were on this cruise for birthdays.

my wife is disabled and we filled out assistance paperwork for boarding ship in Venice Italy. when we arrived it took 15 minutes at taxi drop off to get my wife a wheelchair and there was nowhere for her to sit.when the wheel chair arrived they put her in it and walked away leaving me with 3 bags to manage. and when inside we booked in at this point nobody wanted to see her assistance form. we finished booking in then we decided to go to duty free as we were allowed 2 bottles of wine.at duty free they said all thy could take was cash.we were told to knock on window after security and they would pass out wine. we went thru security and i almost forgot wine. the girl at gangway had no clue were to go she told me to go back thru security 10 steps later i saw duty free window, and got our wine.

we were told we would get an on-board spend of $200 this never happened.my suit cases were held up because i had a iron in one of them .which i got back at end of cruise.

we spoke to a windjammer office from brazil he was very understanding and we told him about the hassles on the pier boarding.

because my wife was disabled i had to go get breakfast and take it to the room to save here walking as her feet were swelling up. on 7 June in the windjammer i asked an officer for a tray. he told me they had none i had to call room service.i asked to speak to someone in charge he said he was. i got my tray, but because someone is disabled they should not have to pay a charge for room service for a breakfast.

we booked chefs table for my birthday $140.00 was not impressed... tiny glasses of tasting wine. the food was mostly fish plates. the beef was very nice the only thing other than bread i liked. after 2 1/2 hours i left early .not happy not enjoyed my birthday.

on departure day in dining room my wife was talked into getting diabetic desert .they said they had sugar free.my wife said ok but when the desert came it was a mix up and it was loaded with sugar ..

all the ports we docked in was very had to walk because of uneven pavement and nothing was close to ship....

park cafe was best food and service.

worst cruise ever..................

never again crapsody of seas (or royal caribbean)

bigfrank's Full Rating Summary

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin L 3813

cabin was ok a bit noisey night before end of cruise till 2am had to call guest serives to complain. pillows were foam and very uncomfortable. tv keep losing bbc news right at election time..no access to accounts on tv had to call guest services

bigfrank