3. Scenic Jade
We chose this particular cruise because we had seen the Rhine from Amsterdam to Mainz and we wanted to go further east. The river cruise offered by SCENIC fit out timetable and from Budapest back to Nuremberg fit with our desired geography. We priced various cruise lines and while SCENIC was not the least expensive, the 100% all inclusive and the description of the off ship excursions and on ship amenities just made the idea sound more convenient and fun. Boy, were we correct! Never have we felt more pampered. The staff, like the cruise director Andrian ( who could also have a second career in stand up comedy ) Kristian ( in the bar and the dining room ) ... well... actually, all the staff, were attentive, fast efficient and genuinely appeared to love their jobs. They made us feel so welcome and important. You can, other than the odd coin you may need for WCs when off ship, lock your purse or wallet away. Everything is top notch, top quality and included. Even the bus service used for off ship excursions was top notch and the local guides were fantastic. We began in Budapest, wandered down the Danube past Vienna and ended in Nuremberg where so continued to Prague and some ( including us ) sadly flew home. We were offered a plethora of choices for off ship excursions and I would have to write a short novel to outline them all. Check with Scenic for their itinerary. Every choice was great and, there were sufficient options that you could actually do the trip more than once. It is not often that I can find no fault whatsoever. This time I can. I highly recommend you take SCENIC cruise lines into consideration for your trip. ( And no, I don't work for them or have shares. ) We were extremely impressed.

Fascinating and "Oh So Pampered"

Scenic Jade Cruise Review by Kondor

Kondor’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Jade price drops

The size one would expect on a river ship. Not large but well laid out. Comfortable, clean and efficient. It was serviced "at least" twice per day.