3. Carnival Valor
This was my first ever cruise, so please bear in mind I have nothing with which to compare.

EMBARKATION: Embarkation could have been a little smoother. Lines were long and slow moving. And it seemed there was always a line for something or other. Once aboard, all operations seemed quite smooth.

ENTERTAINMENT: Entertainment was quite good. The Caberet-type show was very entertaining and well done. The comedians sometimes left a bit to be desired. One in particular, (Jim Brick, I believe was his name) was good when he did the earlier G-rated, kid-friendly show. However, in his R-rated show later that night, he was insulting to some members of the audience. I was not one he was directing his comments toward, but even so, I was still put off by his supposed humor. I am not a 'prude' and I like a good 'dirty joke' as much as the next person, but this man was just outright insulting. All other entertainment was EXCELLENT!

FOOD: Dinners were good, soups, salads, desserts were very good, however, the Entrees were nothing special, I was not impressed with the Entrees.

the cabins are small, true! but who wants to spend time in their cabin other than to sleep and shower? one bit of advice: this was our own fault and nothing against any cruise line...... DO NOT MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR 3 ADULTS IN ONE CABIN. Friendships will be lost! There were 3 of us, 2 men and one woman (friends only, nothing else) and by the 7th day, we had fully gotten on each others' nerves.

Paradise Found

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by esoteric escort

the cabins are small, true! but who wants to spend time in their cabin
other than to sleep and shower? one bit of advice: this was our own
fault and nothing against any cruise line...... DO NOT MAKE
RESERVATIONS FOR 3 ADULTS IN ONE CABIN. Friendships will be lost! There
were 3 of us, 2 men and one woman (friends only, nothing else) and by
the 7th day, we had fully gotten on each others' nerves.

esoteric escort’s Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8B 6300
DO NOT MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR 3 ADULTS IN ONE CABIN. Friendships will be lost!
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Belize City
    BELIZE: We hit Belize on their Independence Day, September 10th. It was interesting to see how the native folk displayed their pride, flags flying from cars everywhere. This port we selected the ATVing and CAVE TUBING. There was a girl in our group who was celebrating her 40th birthday and the guides did a little extra for her which we all thought was pretty cool. They passed around a bottle of Cashew Wine (sample cups, not straight from the bottle) and then gave what was left to the birthday girl and she finished it off while the whole bus chanted "CHUG---CHUG---CHUG", it was about 1/4 of the bottle and she did well with it. We all sang "happy birthday" a couple times and then the guides presented her with a Tshirt signed by each of them. I give this one a "4" rating, because when ATVing in the jungle they had us much too close together. You would sometimes have to stop and wait for those ahead of you. It was fun and enjoyable, just a little too crowded. The cave tubing was very relaxing but be aware, there is quite a hike from where you get off the bus (or whatever) to the actual put-in point. This trip was very memorable. Belize has one brand of beer they call their own, brewed in Belize. It was very good. Don't miss the opportunity to try one....or FOUR!

recommend: YES! CAVE-TUBING.COM (there is a "dot NET" out there too, do not be confused) Only those who go Cave Tubing will know....but I say to you all: "BUTTS UP!!" BELIZE IT!

View All 2,217 Belize City Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Belize City Cruise Port Review
  • Cozumel
    COZUMEL: At this port we selected Dolphin Discovery (thru SHORE TRIP.COM) It was fun and interesting but was a little disappointing. They had told us that after we were introduced to the dolphins and photos were taken, that we would have free time to swim with them, this did not happen and I was disappointed. The next thing was back to port where the shopping is obviously thier major source of income. RECOMMEND: so-so. It was OK, but nothing overly exciting.

View All 5,718 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman
    GRAND CAYMAN: At this port, we selected "Sting Ray City" our guides were very professional. The boat in good order and condition and they provided the snorkle, mask and fins. They also provided drinks such as water, lemonade, punch, etc. This was an opportunity to go out and actually swim with the stingrays, in the ocean, not in a tank. Our reservations were made with SHORETRIPS.COM and I would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting to do this adventure. If you drink beer.....Try some of the local brews, you'll be glad you did. RECOMMEND: YES!!!

View All 2,845 Grand Cayman Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman Cruise Port Review
  • Roatan
    ROATAN: This was the adrenaline rush of the cruise. ZIP LINE! All I can say is, WOW! Again, guides were professional and always conscientious of safety. After Zip Line we spent time on the beach. Beaches are very clean and water clear. Again, Try the local beer(s) Recommend: YES! SOUTH SHORE CANOPY TOUR

View All 2,529 Roatan Cruise Port Reviews