Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Walt OKon

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite

We chose this Grandeur of the Seas ship and New England & Canada cruise because we wanted a smaller ship and a friendly ship. We read that the staff were very friendly and the personal service of the staff had extremely high ratings. Yes, we wanted to eat fresh caught cold water Lobster. We had fresh caught cold water Lobster at a Bar Harbor restaurant on the water. It was good. But the Lobster served on the Grandeur of the Seas was far better. Our Cabin was a Grand Suite 8512 with 340 sq feet plus a large balcony. Head Waiter Dan in the main dining room exceeded all expectations of professionalism and has risen far beyond any other Head Waiter that I have ever met. He provided service as if he read my mind. I have observed him giving direction and guidance to his waiters and I know he used just the right touch with them. I have been on nine Royal Caribbean cruises and Dan is head and shoulders above all others. I was also at the Captains Table and Dan and his team serves the Captain and us. Dan’s performance ensured service to the Captain and us was done to perfection to the smallest detail. The only negative was the time in the ports of Saint John and Halifax was too short only 6 hours.

Sincerely, Walter J Okon

Walt OKon's Full Rating Summary

Grand Suite
Cabin GS 8512

Ms Evangeline Manzanero

Suite 8512 Attendant

Cabin 8512 is forward near the elevators. The room is perfection with 340 sq feet of space and a full size bath with twin sinks and a full size tube/shower. This room has everything. The wall to the balcony is all glass for a full wide view. It has a double size balcony. The bed is King size. Also, It is sanitized clean. I take the opportunity to formally recognize Ms. Evangeline Manzanero suite attendant. Ms. Manzanero has exceeded all expectations of professionalism and has risen far beyond any other suite attendant we have ever known. We have watched her performance where every small detail was done to perfection. I was more impressed when I observed how she guided and instructed others who seemed to be under her supervision with quiet but effective guidance and training so the end results were “quality in perfection”. Walt Okon, Springfield Virginia.

Walt OKon